Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub c658 K toner issues

This is a weird one for me. Installed a used c658 for a client and they're going through black toner very fast. I thought it was user error, but I went to the site this morning and the machine was down due to lack of toner. The K cart was bone dry. I put in a new oem cart and it ran a replenish cycle and started printing. The web ui only shows 20% of K in the supplies list. There's no pooling toner at the waste tank, though the tank does feel somewhat full(new tank at install time).

Anyone seen anything like this? The tcr for k in level 1 history is about where it should be..... 6.65% and copy quality is good.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub c658 K toner issues

When you install machine how much K toner was inside or you've put brand new at this time?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    When you install machine how much K toner was inside or you've put brand new at this time?
    At the time of install it was a used cart. Roughly 45% in the cart. My user has changed for new carts 4 times since then and I put a new cart in today as well. After auto replenish the supply level was 20%

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonSBE View Post
    This is a weird one for me. Installed a used c658 for a client and they're going through black toner very fast. I thought it was user error, but I went to the site this morning and the machine was down due to lack of toner. The K cart was bone dry. I put in a new oem cart and it ran a replenish cycle and started printing. The web ui only shows 20% of K in the supplies list. There's no pooling toner at the waste tank, though the tank does feel somewhat full(new tank at install time).

Anyone seen anything like this? The tcr for k in level 1 history is about where it should be..... 6.65% and copy quality is good.
    The simple question here is how many prints has the machine done since you installed it?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    The simple question here is how many prints has the machine done since you installed it?
    He seems to omit specification. We may guess or pull that. It's simply plain wrong after installation of new toner it will read 20% left.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    They are doing roughly 5k black and 3k color a week. As already stated, a brand new oem cart was installed when toner showed 0%, and after running a toner add routine the k shows 20% available. At least 5 full carts have been used in the last 4 to 5 weeks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

You can't depend on the accuracy of what the machine shows as % left. And those toner gauges on screen are very inaccurate! See how many pages you get out of this new btl just installed no matter what % machine shows. If you get around 20-25K pages be happy, machine is working fine

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    You can't depend on the accuracy of what the machine shows as % left. And those toner gauges on screen are very inaccurate! See how many pages you get out of this new btl just installed no matter what % machine shows. If you get around 20-25K pages be happy, machine is working fine

Dude......

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

This happens when dev unit is falling. Had customers complain of toner usage. Change dev unit and it stopped.
    If the bottle seems full it could be toner and some dev. Calibration could be sucking it down. So try replacing dev unit

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    This happens when dev unit is falling. Had customers complain of toner usage. Change dev unit and it stopped.
    If the bottle seems full it could be toner and some dev. Calibration could be sucking it down. So try replacing dev unit
    I actually brought a dev unit to the site today bug I didn't change it when I saw the toner percentage only go up to 20% with a fresh cart. Konica support suggested the sub hopper. Even with the cart not showing full do you still think the developer could be the culprit?