Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub c658 K toner issues

Re: Bizhub c658 K toner issues

Quote Originally Posted by robinsonad86 View Post
    Just out of interest Konica aren't supplying "half bottles" for this range are they?
    Thought I read something about K/M putting less toner in btls because of toner shortage? Hope they don't charge same price for it!

Original poster probably would of felt if bottle just half filled.

Still curious if using aftermarket developer & toner? Think this has to be considered as problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Thought I read something about K/M putting less toner in btls because of toner shortage? Hope they don't charge same price for it!

Still curious if using aftermarket developer & toner? Think this has to be considered as problem.
    These 1/2 bottles are supposed to be only for customers that run very low AMV..and as most customers are contracted the price is not a factor. E

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Yes, they're supplying half bottles, the part number ends in an "H", and there's a blue dot on the box, but the toner situation seems to be resolving itself, as supplies now seem to be getting through
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

When you say you put in new developer, did you replace just the dev powder with aftermarket or new OEM dev unit? If aftermarket you have to consider that being problem. Even if you have a used "OEM" dev unit to try it will take that out of the mix. First thing I always do if a new customer is using aftermarket supplies with quality issues is I tell them I have to start fresh with new "OEM" supplies. The reason 99% of my customers use OEM toner is I don't want the guess work when they call for print quality issues.

Maybe it was asked already are you using aftermarket toner?

Really strange that state confirmation is showing correct reading and print quality good with machine blowing through toner like that. To eat that much toner that fast there would have to be a thick coating on drum at some point and cleaned off with drum blade into waste box.

Think you may be on the right track with high voltage problem if nothing else corrects it. Perhaps something like HV not turning off when suppose to, etc

Thanks for keeping us posted. Since this is such an odd issue would like to hear what caused it.

Good luck

I put in a new OEM developing unit. We have both OEM and after market toner. This machine has only had OEM black toner so far.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

On the topic of toner, it is my understanding the the shortages are not actually do to lack of toner but lack of chips (at least that I what I have been told).

On the topic, I still think the coverage rate is still a valid question. Anything over 5% and you will not get the proper yield of only 28k (as opposed to nearly 50k on the predecessor).

What about PQ on halftone and gradation tests on 12x18"?

Power Standby settings?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quick update. I've run several hundred lattice patterns and left the machine idling for a few days. Toner level still showing 2% but the bottle still feels about half full. No excessive waste toner so far. I'm still going to run the bottle down to empty and put in a new oem cart and see if the level shows 100%. Tcr density is staying level.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quick update 2. I've been running thick lattice patterns to try to run down the toner. Supply level stayed at 2% but the cart was getting lighter. After 1800 or so, the orange light finally started flashing. Replace k toner. Supply level got to 1%, and the cart felt empty. Put in fresh oem cart and Supply reset to 100%! I'm gonna test a bit more before I bring it back to site but this is promising.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonSBE View Post
    Quick update 2. I've been running thick lattice patterns to try to run down the toner. Supply level stayed at 2% but the cart was getting lighter. After 1800 or so, the orange light finally started flashing. Replace k toner. Supply level got to 1%, and the cart felt empty. Put in fresh oem cart and Supply reset to 100%! I'm gonna test a bit more before I bring it back to site but this is promising.
    Just in case you didn't know - on these there are dip switches to reset toner levels.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Just in case you didn't know - on these there are dip switches to reset toner levels.
    I did not know. Could you please elaborate?