Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C3851FS Finisher problems

Hi All,

Client has a C3851fs where the paper is jamming as it exits the machine into the built in finisher. Seems there are two arms in there stopping the paper from going into the finisher. Service mode didn't seem to have any way to test those arms, but almost everything else and it all worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

K

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C3851FS Finisher problems

I have had to replace 4 finisher relay harnesses # A63DN11101, for this problem. In test mode, everything worked. Replaced everything on a finisher until I came to this damn harness. Hope this works for you. Can't wait to get these out of the field.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Those built-in finishers are a product from hell. Encourage your customer(s) to give up the machine(s), or you will be plagued by never ending problems from those POSes...

We had 2 of these machines out in the field, and had so many problems with them. We eventually got Konica to ship us replacement finishers for both that supposedly had some sort of modification or upgrade done to them to prevent the service codes and constant jamming we were getting. Even those upgraded finishers eventually had problems again. We finally got to the point of just disabling the finishers in service mode. The machines still worked, but customer had to reach inside the unit to grab their papers instead, just like if it had an output tray instead of finisher.
    The machines eventually got pulled because of the problems, each had very little use. One ended it's life with about 80K on it and the other had about 60K. Good riddance!
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

All KM A4 machines are POS.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Hi All,

Client has a C3851fs where the paper is jamming as it exits the machine into the built in finisher. Seems there are two arms in there stopping the paper from going into the finisher. Service mode didn't seem to have any way to test those arms, but almost everything else and it all worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

K
    There are 2 how to docs on this in km website. search j72's, basically remove disassemble, clean the slide shafts, tighten the timing belts (4 I think) reassemble. the main cause is the rear side guide. if you do take it apart, pay attention! just about everything that moves in there does at least two things.

I have done at least 10 of these some i lubed the shafts with plus guard,some with drysurf, some i left dry , the dry ones seem to preforming the best. key is cleaning all the old gunk from the slide shafts and the holes they go through.
    Last edited by Albonline; 12-07-2021 at 03:51 PM. Reason: more info

I will order the harness. I have got it to work somewhat, the only problem is now it shoots the finished docs out too far and they fall out of the machine lol.

Any ideas how to stop that? Manual has no help on that nor the KM site, no bulletins I can find.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I will order the harness. I have got it to work somewhat, the only problem is now it shoots the finished docs out too far and they fall out of the machine lol.

Any ideas how to stop that? Manual has no help on that nor the KM site, no bulletins I can find.
    I had that exact issue before and I had to take it all apart very carefully, (take pictures) clean and lube the shafts, clean the sensors. They are a real piece of crap.

Some light reading.