Okay I read and almost identical thread. I found this printer at a freight salvage store and it looked to be in excellent condition with all the packing material in place. I can still return it. I had a printer on order from Canon for about 6 weeks and gave up. While this may be more printer than I need it cost about the same as the Canon that I might not ever get. I have read there is an error in the setup that I have gone through the setup. The manual does not match the on-screen instructions. I am more than willing to contribute to the site to get the thing working properly. You get a different color depending on whether I do auto color or full color. My initial thought that this was something to do with counterfeit prevention. Anyway I have what seems to be a great printer that I paid $400 for and it seems like I'm missing something. I'm more than willing to contribute to get this problem resolved if it will in fact resolve my problem. I only have a couple of more days to return it. To make things more complicated I am at my daughter's house out of town. I have not yet tried printing from a computer. Black copies are fine. And I did see this was not supposed to be a self install but I didn't see that until after I've done the install and not really sure who to call to install it anyway.