Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Good successor for the BH-363/423 series

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Most of our A3-mono rental machines are of the BH-363/423 series. Our experiences with them are really very good. However it seems time now to find a successor for them. Not necessarily the latest generation, but they should be at least as reliable as the BH-363/423 series. Which KonicaMinolta bizhub model would you guys advise?

Hans
    You can try bizhub 367.They are not bad although the screen ia abit smaller compared to the 3 series

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Good successor for the BH-363/423 series

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    The 4 series has an issue, particularly on older examples where the backup battery fails causing various issues including not booting and other error messages.

GHV M1 firmware is the preventative firmware for this but is not a cure.

There are other threads on this site about this.

All I was trying to say is that there can be a problem especially if your buying older used equipment.
    Interesting, I still have over 100 "4" series I service and never had any issues with batteries so have to disagree with you on this. I just went through the latest Kon/Min "ALL solutions" and don't see anything about failing batteries. If it was that much of an issue you think there would be a bulletin about it? Perhaps I missed it. Can you provide any documentation on this? Since I have many of these machines I would like to know more about this if a real issue.

I've heard from a wholesaler that his might happen when the machine is longer without power. So typically when the machine is taken out of service and going into storage for a longer period.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Interesting, I still have over 100 "4" series I service and never had any issues with batteries so have to disagree with you on this. I just went through the latest Kon/Min "ALL solutions" and don't see anything about failing batteries. If it was that much of an issue you think there would be a bulletin about it? Perhaps I missed it. Can you provide any documentation on this? Since I have many of these machines I would like to know more about this if a real issue.
    If you don’t believe me that this can be an issue I suggest you look up the GHVM1 firmware and read the associated documents.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I've heard from a wholesaler that his might happen when the machine is longer without power. So typically when the machine is taken out of service and going into storage for a longer period.

Hans
    This is exactly why I was warning people about this.

It doesn’t affect me as I’m not in the secondhand market, but for those of you that are I thought the information might help.

I will keep a look out for it but fortunately the most my customers machines are off is maybe a long 3 day weekend. All F/W up to date.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    If you don’t believe me that this can be an issue I suggest you look up the GHVM1 firmware and read the associated documents.
    Now I prefer to install GXM-M1 (The customized firmware that merged existing bugs).
    It includes fixed issue of GHV-M1 (After turning OFF/ON the Main Power, the entry screen of serial number may be displayed in English and the MFP may not start) plus more than 300 other bug fixes.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Hans
    I believe they are right. thats also a common problem dealing with wholesalers here They even sold discount lots of this “battery issues” dead machines for parts. Some can get back working with board swaps, but most wont. We also think high temperatures may affect the battery. 50 copiers, inside a 40 ft container parked 1 week in any US southern border in mid summer, no doubt that kind of heat its no good for boards.

I have had good experiences with the 7 range. The drums goes past 400K if the customer does not bend the transfer roller guide removing a jam. Dev due to replenishing goes forever unless you use bad toner can go to 600K. Fusers don't scratch like the 3 series. I dislike the smaller screens.

I have not seen fuser, drum or dev kits for these.
    Do they exist.
    Been using DV411 to replace over-toned or contaminated developer.

Can still get plenty of 3 series machines in ZA mostly over 500K on the clock. About $170 as is and another $250 to replace all clutches, rollers, bushings and consumables required to get it to run proper.
    Whatever