Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

C250i vs C258 consumables

Hi guys does anyone already tried fuser and TBU from C258(C224e) into C250i series. I would like to keep parts inventory diversity at minimum.

Hmm fuser looks different.
    Last edited by tsbservice; 01-07-2022 at 02:28 PM. Reason: after thought
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: C250i vs C258 consumables

The fuser is completely different as the drive coupling is unique to the i series.

The transfer belt will fit all the i series, been fitting them since they first came out.

Be aware that the i series transfer roller is unique and the e model one does fit in but causes all sorts of quality issues (don’t ask me how I know)😉

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    The fuser is completely different as the drive coupling is unique to the i series.

The transfer belt will fit all the i series, been fitting them since they first came out.

Be aware that the i series transfer roller is unique and the e model one does fit in but causes all sorts of quality issues (don’t ask me how I know)😉
    Thank You for your input it's most appreciated. I basically talked with a friend tech who asked me if the fusers may be interchangeable. I completely ignored training received 😁 and just said wait a minute I will ask collective mind... shortly after that I have sudden flashback and yes second transfer roller being larger is a problem
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C250i vs C258 consumables

Be aware that the i series transfer roller is unique and the e model one does fit in but causes all sorts of quality issues (don’t ask me how I know)C250i vs C258 consumables
    Great info thanks brother!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I should say I am referring to the A3 models.

The A4 models are a different thing entirely😄

I should say I am referring to the A3 models.

The A4 models are a different thing entirely😄
    He-he we're not greenhorns(novice). Doing Toshy in the past and seems KM making you lazy...yet not (till now) stupid
    Have a great Year!

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hi guys does anyone already tried fuser and TBU from C258(C224e) into C250i series. I would like to keep parts inventory diversity at minimum.

Hmm fuser looks different.
    Have you noticed how light new fuser is. Compared to old models.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Thanks for this info!! It came into play today when we had a customer with a C360i and the belt has a giant hole in the middle from the sep finger with around 70K on the machine. Of course, we don't have any new "correct" belts in stock so we'll be putting on a good used 4e/8 belt in the mean time until the new i series comes in. Then we can send in the torn belt in the correct box for credit from KM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.