Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I need help how to scan from konica minolta c454e

Question I need help how to scan from konica minolta c454e

Hello my friends I need help how to scan from konica minolta c454e printer in windows 10 I have tried many methods and it did not work can you help, thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: I need help how to scan from konica minolta c454e

There are two ways.
    You can go to scan choose direct entre then user box. Once you already have the userbox created, then you give the file a name and choose your settings, then good to go.
    Then go to your computer log into your printer using the printer's IP address, then go to user box and download the file to computer.
    Or you can just put the document in the document feeder or scanner glass and do the process directly from the computer.

Let me know if you understood above. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Do you have the computer connected thru USB or Network? For scanning you have to use ethernet

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

check network properties and make sure file and printer sharing is on
    create a folder on the root of the drive called scans.
    add a local user called scans, password of Scanner01 (it passes most complexity requirements)
    go to properties/sharing for the folder you created
    add the user "scan" with full permissions to the share
    see if the folder shows up if you open the ip in windows explorer ie: \\192.168.1.10
    if the folder is shown you are halfway there.
    PSWC and add the registration to the IP (unless your DNS is working well then use computer name)
    add the path scans no \\'s for either, the copier will do it itself.
    enter the user name scans and the password.
    try scanning.
    if NG check computer for firewall and add an exception from the copiers IP
    if still fails, it may be win 10 HOME edition and well, good luck. professional is easier and works as i listed.
    good luck!!
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

So after I "slept" on it, make sure the ntlm level is set to ver 1/2 or locked in 2.0
    It may be windows is refusing connection to a lower security level after updating.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    So after I "slept" on it, make sure the ntlm level is set to ver 1/2 or locked in 2.0
    It may be windows is refusing connection to a lower security level after updating.
    Thanks bro

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by positiveg View Post
    There are two ways.
    You can go to scan choose direct entre then user box. Once you already have the userbox created, then you give the file a name and choose your settings, then good to go.
    Then go to your computer log into your printer using the printer's IP address, then go to user box and download the file to computer.
    Or you can just put the document in the document feeder or scanner glass and do the process directly from the computer.

Thanks positiveg, you've just helped me solve a problem I've had for a while. Got a customer with a MAC, wanted to scan, but not to email, but to SMB, I know nothing about MACs, couldn't get any help from local MAC dealer, just set up a userbox on her bizhub, and she's happy to scan to userbox & download. how does it work with the 2nd option you've suggested
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    <br><br>Thanks positiveg, you've just helped me solve a problem I've had for a while. Got a customer with a MAC, wanted to scan, but not to email, but to SMB, I know nothing about MACs, couldn't get any help from local MAC dealer, just set up a userbox on her bizhub, and she's happy to scan to userbox &amp; download. how does it work with the 2nd option you've suggested&nbsp;<br>
    <br>
    You're welcome man anytime. I'm finally glad I'm able to help, because I've got tons of help from others here.

As for the second option. it's pretty much the same. Log in to the printer via it's IP address, so you can find that on the [printer.
    got to a browser and log in the program will load up and you can choose scan and scan directly into it save the same way to her laptop.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by positiveg View Post
    There are two ways.

And to make it even more automated, the OP could install PageScope Box Operator which looks for files scanned into a box on the machine so the user doesn't have to navigate to it through the PageScope web interface. We have a few customers using this feature and it works pretty flawlessly.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    And to make it even more automated, the OP could install PageScope Box Operator which looks for files scanned into a box on the machine so the user doesn't have to navigate to it through the PageScope web interface. We have a few customers using this feature and it works pretty flawlessly.
    Nice I'll look for that. Anything to make the shop more effective and efficient I'm interested in.