Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C-258, unable to load firmware...

I would conduct Self-diagnostic (if it still fails to load with front door open).

Procedure (using SERVICE MODE menu)
    1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
    2. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] g [Self-diagnostic] g [Check All].
    3. Press the Start key to start the check procedure.
    4. When the check procedure is completed, the results are shown on the screen. If any of the check results are NG, take measures upon confirmation of the corruption details mentioned above and Next action.
    Note: Press the Stop key to interrupt the check sequence.

Procedure (using main power switch)
    1. Open the front door.
    2. Turn the main power switch ON while pressing the power key. After a short beep sound is made once, release the power key and close the front door. Wait to display the self-diagnosis (full check) screen.
    3. After displaying the self-diagnosis screen, press the start key. The self-diagnosis (full check) is started. The result of the diagnosis is displayed for every item. (OK/NG)
    4. After finishing the diagnosis for all items, turn the main power switch OFF.
    5. If there is an item displaying NG, investigate the NG item and take countermeasures.

P.S.
    I feel you're on wrong way and BC is most helpful/humble person on this site. Take care.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C-258, unable to load firmware...

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Hey Guys, I've done the usual things, using the same USB stick I use to load all the firmware, etc.
    Unplugged the USB cable from the board and attempted to use the stick directly in the board
    Unplugged the hard drive, and also Un-Installed the hard drive. Formatted the SSD drive, reinitialized the machine

What I get is the machine either:
    *staying at two towers and never going anywhere, or
    *just rebooting into regular copy mode, and never even TRYING to load F/W

Any ideas?
    OC

Basically the machine is working fine & you just want to update the firmware?

Not sure if this has been suggested but try another USB pen, or even a few if you have some to hand I see this all the time & usually trying another pen it will start. Might take a few attempts.

Also confirm you can print from the USB pen is always a good test.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Basically the machine is working fine & you just want to update the firmware?

Not sure if this has been suggested but try another USB pen, or even a few if you have some to hand I see this all the time & usually trying another pen it will start. Might take a few attempts.

Also confirm you can print from the USB pen is always a good test.
    Yes, I want to update the F/W as I do with every machine that goes out. I have done hundreds of these updates, so this particular machine has a problem. There is one DIMM that shows "NG" in the memory check, but I'm told that it will do that if there's no memory stick in that slot (which there's not) so I'm not sure that's the issue.

And I'm using the same USB sticks I use for ALL the updates I do, so I don't think this is a USB compatibility issue.
    OC

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Yes, I want to update the F/W as I do with every machine that goes out. I have done hundreds of these updates, so this particular machine has a problem. There is one DIMM that shows "NG" in the memory check, but I'm told that it will do that if there's no memory stick in that slot (which there's not) so I'm not sure that's the issue.

And I'm using the same USB sticks I use for ALL the updates I do, so I don't think this is a USB compatibility issue.
    OC
    You took it right OC, it will display NG complaining about optional memory I see it many times. I for sure won't left machine with old firmware to go out of my hands.
    Did you try it with door open? Will it recognize any stick in USB slot in normal mode?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Yes, tried it with the door open.

And yes, tried the USB stick in both locations, including with the harness removed and direct into the board.

And yes, the machine recognizes the USB stick in normal operations.
    OC

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

have you got the folder structure correct? (not sure if you have loaded KM firmware before not talking down to you)

needs to be FW0002 in root directory then files. i used to make the mistake of putting files in the root instead of folder after years of working on 4 series and older

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    have you got the folder structure correct? (not sure if you have loaded KM firmware before not talking down to you)

needs to be FW0002 in root directory then files. i used to make the mistake of putting files in the root instead of folder after years of working on 4 series and older
    Yes, I stated above that I've done hundreds of F/W updates on these machines, and YES, the files are in the root of the drive.
    OC

OC usb thumb drives sometimes crash all of the sudden. Did you make firmware update with this thumb on another machine?