Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    power switch question

power switch question

had a really weird glitch in the matrix today

I had a C360i locking up. in this situation it froze upon entering CE code and clicking ok/end

I switch the main power off on the RHS machine switch and it stayed on. not just for a second i had enough time to get my phone out and film it and i beleive it would of stayed powered on for ever.

am i miss understanding the power switch? should this cut power no questions asked

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: power switch question

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    had a really weird glitch in the matrix today

I had a C360i locking up. in this situation it froze upon entering CE code and clicking ok/end

I switch the main power off on the RHS machine switch and it stayed on. not just for a second i had enough time to get my phone out and film it and i beleive it would of stayed powered on for ever.

am i miss understanding the power switch? should this cut power no questions asked
    I think the main switch for i series does not cut the power by itself anymore (like most ricoh models) - so there's some sort of relais circuit doing the shotdown. The advantage is that the controller can "hold" the shutdown procedure in certain moments like nVME usage.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    power switch question

oh that makes sense

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    power switch question

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    I think the main switch for i series does not cut the power by itself anymore (like most ricoh models) - so there's some sort of relais circuit doing the shotdown. The advantage is that the controller can "hold" the shutdown procedure in certain moments like nVME usage.
    Can confirm. Main power switch does very little for the first 15 seconds, and after that there is still 5v being supplied to boards. Only way to completely cut power is to unplug

Specific boards: BASEB, DCPU, DEDB, PC-XXX, LU-302. All have 5.1 VDC when the main power is off but power chord is connected.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Can't remember if it's in the manual, or a bulletin, but it dies say that turning the main switch off, does not cut the power to the machine, and to make sure it is unplugged before carrying out any work
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Can't remember if it's in the manual, or a bulletin, but it dies say that turning the main switch off, does not cut the power to the machine, and to make sure it is unplugged before carrying out any work
    Yes it's in service manual....when they first came out experienced English engineer mentioned it. Kudos old school = right school.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.