Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: KM Imaging Unit Issues

The paddle part of the spiral beat screw shaft is not wide enough to remove the remaining developer at the paddle parts right above the TCR sensor

The comb type paddle will be changed to one sheet type paddle.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suomi View Post
    The paddle part of the spiral beat screw shaft is not wide enough to remove the remaining developer at the paddle parts right above the TCR sensor

The comb type paddle will be changed to one sheet type paddle.
    yep, i heard also about this improvement, manufacturer will release a new part number of IU.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM Imaging Unit Issues

there is also a know issue about contamination on the bias contacts on the hv board. It is recommended on machines that developer units keep failing to pull hv board and cleaning the contacts on hv board with scotch brite ,

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

on the HV subject, keep the back wall clean too, including the contacts.

The HV wires run in a plastic distributor behind the back wall and have several rectangular cut outs with the wire running visibly through the middle of them. Ensure these are also kept clean. Any conductive swarf can find its way up here and short the hv straight to ground. Have seen this on numerous occasions no one else could figure out.

A long thin straw on the service vacuum cleans these nicely.

in continuing on from my first post about correctly mixing the developer in the ius. I’ve had 0 failure rate on machines done to date. When done preventatively as a standard call process, you will be alarmed to find at least 3/4 of machines, even those stating tcr levels in the 6 - 7% range are in fact already overtoned. Its not unusual to see 10-14% once my procedure is done. You need to bring the level under 10% or errors will occur. This can be very time consuming, but is always possible.

New IU design wont start becoming available till next year last i heard. Time will tell if it makes a difference. Hopefully it does, I look after tons of these and my biggest issue these days is the flopping down AdF roller assembly dur to the slipping reverse lockup clutch. I have a zero dollar 100% fix solution for this.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: KM Imaging Unit Issues

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    on the HV subject, keep the back wall clean too, including the contacts.

The HV wires run in a plastic distributor behind the back wall and have several rectangular cut outs with the wire running visibly through the middle of them. Ensure these are also kept clean. Any conductive swarf can find its way up here and short the hv straight to ground. Have seen this on numerous occasions no one else could figure out.

A long thin straw on the service vacuum cleans these nicely.

in continuing on from my first post about correctly mixing the developer in the ius. I’ve had 0 failure rate on machines done to date. When done preventatively as a standard call process, you will be alarmed to find at least 3/4 of machines, even those stating tcr levels in the 6 - 7% range are in fact already overtoned. Its not unusual to see 10-14% once my procedure is done. You need to bring the level under 10% or errors will occur. This can be very time consuming, but is always possible.

New IU design wont start becoming available till next year last i heard. Time will tell if it makes a difference. Hopefully it does, I look after tons of these and my biggest issue these days is the flopping down AdF roller assembly dur to the slipping reverse lockup clutch. I have a zero dollar 100% fix solution for this.
    Your wisdom is always welcome Sir. Your sense of humour also.
    I'm glad one of greatest techs I ever heard of is back. A lot of time before we had in other forums guy maybe matching your level of expertise his user name was 'Toshiba guru' and 'KM guru' seems fair enough to me for what I learnt from your posts.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Not to take anything away from Earth, but my fav was "The Owl..

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Can be, agree on the Owl being tremendously missed... when you get at certain level (low is mine) you can actually sense that presence of greatness.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.