Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub 227 reboot during printing

I have a bizhub 227 , 40k. Copying and scanning work fine. If I want to print, the machine is rebooting each print or every second print.
    The machine was checked in different networks, different computers - a problem persist. Even when I try to print from www machine without drivers the same .
    I reseted all data machine in Tech Mode, different firmware old and latest - nothing change.
    Sometimes in raport apear : print deleted becouse of "Power off". I also change power supply.
    Do you have any ideas besides main board?
    I thought about Nvram reset, but I don't know if it is a good .

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 227 reboot during printing

Quote Originally Posted by cyta123 View Post
    I have a bizhub 227 , 40k. Copying and scanning work fine. If I want to print, the machine is rebooting each print or every second print.
    The machine was checked in different networks, different computers - a problem persist. Even when I try to print from www machine without drivers the same .
    I reseted all data machine in Tech Mode, different firmware old and latest - nothing change.
    Sometimes in raport apear : print deleted becouse of "Power off". I also change power supply.
    I didn't see mention of internal test prints from the machine GUI, NOT from the web interface (config page, PCL font list, PS font list or the bird test page). Have you tried that yet? What was the result? What about printing from a thumb drive? Other than those 2 things, looks like you've pretty much covered everything.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyta123 View Post
    You mean in job log there is such message after machine reboots?
    Don't remember if this model has USB cable port but can you print from it?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    You mean in job log there is such message after machine reboots?
    Don't remember if this model has USB cable port but can you print from it?
    It does have a USB port and this is also a good question.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Technician

>>internal test prints from the machine GUI, NOT from the web interface (config page, PCL font list, PS font list or the bird test page<< - also reboot.

>>job log<< after reboot: job deleted:"Power off".

Sometimes after reboot the machine prints a job, it is so strange. Job log is empty after the print.
    Tommorow I will check print from usb , but do you think it has any clue?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

If it's rebooting, it's probably dumping a service code into the history. Have you checked that yet and what is it?

We had been dealing with a C364e doing this. Send a print job, and it would get a varying number of pages out, sometimes 2 sometimes 80, and then the screen would go blank and machine would reboot. Service code it left in history was a CFA17 (pretty sure that was is, a CFA## anyway) every time it would reboot. Changed out the hard drive and has been fine since.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

We have seen similar problems in the C227 and it was caused by the eMMC board.
    Check if you have any D341 codes in the service call history.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

The only time I've seen this, and actually everytime i've seen this, it was someone printing a PDF without the proper KM drivers.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

use this firmware. it help me

A7AH0Y0-F000-GC2-K7-990

Technician

There are no codes in history in tech Mode. Printing from usb sticks also make reboots.
    The machine reboots both with installed hdd and uninstalled hdd in system.
    I will check suggested firmware.
    Last edited by cyta123; 03-18-2022 at 06:44 PM.