Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toner situation

Senior Tech 100+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Re: Toner situation

Every day I receive calls from toner distributors saying that they currently work with KM to supply them with toners, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Just bay aftermarket toner. Anyway, KM selling them with price of OEM but they are not. You can save some money.

I have stayed out of this discussion as we do not service KM but I have been watching every post from the start.

I will say that I am extremely suprised that KM still hasn't resolved the problem. I am also very suprised that a Japanese company got themselves into this situation.

I understand the whole shutdown of both plants as that is how things work with a Japanese company. Things take time to assure it is completely safe to resart the toner manufacturing process. I have worked in Japan many times and as Americans we stand around and grumble to ourselves "let's just get to work" while the Japanese people we were working with take great care and caution before work can begin. They work hard and long hours but they have great attention to detail. Something happens and things stop.

It was very hard decision to shut down the plants knowing the ramifications. There will be disgrace and much apologizing and bowing.

They really needed to have a plant in another county as backup and what I am most suprised about is that they didn't.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    I have stayed out of this discussion as we do not service KM but I have been watching every post from the start.

I will say that I am extremely suprised that KM still hasn't resolved the problem. I am also very suprised that a Japanese company got themselves into this situation.

I understand the whole shutdown of both plants as that is how things work with a Japanese company. Things take time to assure it is completely safe to resart the toner manufacturing process. I have worked in Japan many times and as Americans we stand around and grumble to ourselves "let's just get to work" while the Japanese people we were working with take great care and caution before work can begin. They work hard and long hours but they have great attention to detail. Something happens and things stop.

It was very hard decision to shut down the plants knowing the ramifications. There will be disgrace and much apologizing and bowing.

They really needed to have a plant in another county as backup and what I am most suprised about is that they didn't.

Totally agree your opinion.