Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    df 701 compatability question konica minolta bizhub 454e

Re: df 701 compatability question konica minolta bizhub 454e

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Interesting because if I remember correctly when I left DF701 unplugged by accident it would throw ADF code.I thought this was from machine recognizing the DF701 interface board still being installed but no feeder.

I do know on the 22-36 ppm models you need to set the correct feeder in service mode or it will throw code. Had this happen many times.
    Perhaps it was just the C454 that coded out for me. But at least I know I'm not going crazy yet and it did happen.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    this 454e does indeed come with the board from the factory.. so I unplugged it and it coded out.
    so it may need to go back in

brent
    What was it that you unplugged, the ADF or the dual scan board? You can't remove the dual scan board and leave the DF-701 connected, just as you can't disconnect the DF-701 without first telling the copier that there is no ADF. Either of these situations will cause a code. If you want to disconnect the DF-701 temporarily, be sure to tell the copier that there is no ADF first, and you should be fine. The setting is in service mode under System 2, ADF Setting. Set to "NONE" or "Unset". This is also where you will tell the copier which ADF you have, the 701 or the 624, after you swap it out.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    df 701 compatability question konica minolta bizhub 454e

It’s fixed. It was easy I just reinstall the lower board install the document feeder told it would document feeder it had good to go so thank you guys so much for the compatibility answers with this and with the finisher that fits so many models I really have appreciated the information

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    What was it that you unplugged, the ADF or the dual scan board? You can't remove the dual scan board and leave the DF-701 connected, just as you can't disconnect the DF-701 without first telling the copier that there is no ADF. Either of these situations will cause a code. If you want to disconnect the DF-701 temporarily, be sure to tell the copier that there is no ADF first, and you should be fine. The setting is in service mode under System 2, ADF Setting. Set to "NONE" or "Unset". This is also where you will tell the copier which ADF you have, the 701 or the 624, after you swap it out.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    It’s fixed. It was easy I just reinstall the lower board install the document feeder told it would document feeder it had good to go so thank you guys so much for the compatibility answers with this and with the finisher that fits so many models I really have appreciated the information
    Thank you brent for following up.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.