Technician

Lightbulb c250i TCR Issue C2553 and C2557

Hello,

I have an Olivetti MF259 (KM c250i) that I am having some weird TCR issues with.

Device Details:
    FW: G00-G4 on arrival upped to GC1-KJ during second visit
    Counts: Mono: 76k, Colour: 80k

Initial Service Call: Error Code C2553 - Abnormally low toner density magenta TCR sensor.

State Confirmation: M 1.2%. Performed Manual toner add and the M level came back up 6.8-7%.
    First weird issue: Machine saying M Toner Low, cartridge is at least 90% full by my reckoning.
    Replaced M cartridge.

Was ok for a week, C2553 returned.

Second Visit:
    Removed Sub Hopper assembly and inspected agitation paddles as per Technical Bulletin. All sub hoppers OK, stirring rods turning as expected.
    Put through 50 255 A3 Halftones and noticed machine NOT keeping dev level topped up during operation 6.8% -> 4.3% after run. Noticed toner bottles would only turn a fraction when Manual Add was performed, thinking logic issue so upped FW to GC1-KJ.
    Performed manual add back to 6.8% and re-ran the 50 half tones. Machine filling correctly during operation. Put through a further 50 with all levels fine and customer started their job run, all seemingly fine.

End of last week: Customer calls back with C2557 - Abnormally low toner density detected Black TCR sensor.

I was off on holiday, colleague tech attended site and had the same issues I had the previous week but this time for K: Toner Gauge K incorrect and K Dev sitting 1.2%, all others fine.
    I thought I may have forgotten to reseat the K sub hopper motor cable but this was all ok, they re-checked the sub hopper and performed a manual add, which again brough it back to 6.8-7% and also replaced the K toner due to the level mismatch vs quantity of toner in the bottle.

This brings us back round to today. The machine has coded out on C2557 once more.

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with TCR and Toner Gauge on these devices or any insight before I start the process of replacing what appears to be a perfectly fine K Dev. I have gone through all of the Technical Bulletins for this device and applied/carried out the fixes detailed to those relating to this issue. Most of the TIBs appear to address these codes appearing after immediate installation of the device (sub 1000 prints) TC on this machine now at 156k.

After Dev replace I will move on to Sub Hopper, Front Side PWB, Toner Drive then MFPB.

I am hesitant to replace the K dev as I suspect that it will just code out once more and if the dev fills back up it is usually indicative of a failure somewhere else in the supply, especially with the weird toner levels from the bottles.
    Last edited by Slammers; 04-19-2022 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Typos

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: c250i TCR Issue C2553 and C2557

Quote Originally Posted by Slammers View Post
    Hello,

I have an Olivetti MF259 (KM c250i) that I am having some weird TCR issues with.

Device Details:
    FW: G00-G4 on arrival upped to GC1-KJ during second visit
    Counts: Mono: 76k, Colour: 80k

Initial Service Call: Error Code C2553 - Abnormally low toner density magenta TCR sensor.

State Confirmation: M 1.2%. Performed Manual toner add and the M level came back up 6.8-7%.
    First weird issue: Machine saying M Toner Low, cartridge is at least 90% full by my reckoning.
    Replaced M cartridge.

Was ok for a week, C2553 returned.

Second Visit:
    Removed Sub Hopper assembly and inspected agitation paddles as per Technical Bulletin. All sub hoppers OK, stirring rods turning as expected.
    Put through 50 255 A3 Halftones and noticed machine NOT keeping dev level topped up during operation 6.8% -> 4.3% after run. Noticed toner bottles would only turn a fraction when Manual Add was performed, thinking logic issue so upped FW to GC1-KJ.
    Performed manual add back to 6.8% and re-ran the 50 half tones. Machine filling correctly during operation. Put through a further 50 with all levels fine and customer started their job run, all seemingly fine.

End of last week: Customer calls back with C2557 - Abnormally low toner density detected Black TCR sensor.

I was off on holiday, colleague tech attended site and had the same issues I had the previous week but this time for K: Toner Gauge K incorrect and K Dev sitting 1.2%, all others fine.
    I thought I may have forgotten to reseat the K sub hopper motor cable but this was all ok, they re-checked the sub hopper and performed a manual add, which again brough it back to 6.8-7% and also replaced the K toner due to the level mismatch vs quantity of toner in the bottle.

This brings us back round to today. The machine has coded out on C2557 once more.

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with TCR and Toner Gauge on these devices or any insight before I start the process of replacing what appears to be a perfectly fine K Dev. I have gone through all of the Technical Bulletins for this device and applied/carried out the fixes detailed to those relating to this issue. Most of the TIBs appear to address these codes appearing after immediate installation of the device (sub 1000 prints) TC on this machine now at 156k.

After Dev replace I will move on to Sub Hopper, Front Side PWB, Toner Drive then MFPB.

I am hesitant to replace the K dev as I suspect that it will just code out once more and if the dev fills back up it is usually indicative of a failure somewhere else in the supply, especially with the weird toner levels from the bottles.
    Remove the front covers and clean the blades and sensors for the sub hoppers and that should cure your issue. They are located right in front on the sub hopper assembly. I have done quite a few of them and it works. Also make sure the blades swing freely. Move them back and forth to free them up.

Technician

Re: c250i TCR Issue C2553 and C2557

Apologies on the delay on update on this issue. Customer ended up with a temporary C250i while we awaited parts, which ended up being permanent etc etc.

It was indeed the Sub-Hopper assembly that was the issue. This was replaced roughly 2 weeks ago and there have been no repeat codes.
    Toner bottle drive and agitation drive all observed working correctly after the swap, so no weirdness elsewhere in the unit.

The Y-Dev that had spilt toner through the drive section at the rear cleaned up ok after reseating the side mylar and also did not need replaced.

Cheers