Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Increased (M)Toner Consumption C3320i

Today had 2 C3320i with same problem, over consume Magenta toner both with 10k counter +-.... is the G00-B5 still a good fix for this?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Increased (M)Toner Consumption C3320i

Quote Originally Posted by Tiagocang View Post
    Today had 2 C3320i with same problem, over consume Magenta toner both with 10k counter +-.... is the G00-B5 still a good fix for this?
    I think G00-M2 is the latest FW - you'll find some more infos obout this problem in other threads. I think it was about the C3350i/c4050i but they share the same engine. Short version: There's some sort of "high speed dev mix mode" added in newer firmware you can perform to remove clogged dev/toner from the TD sensor. I think you have to check some voltages before/after the procedure and if they don't improve the IU might be bad.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

one of the big problems is the gradation is not being done at set up. so the voltages are screwed up. they all read 0. after you get the ratio's where they need to be do the gradation. i have not had a problem since i do this step. in some cases you may need to start with new image unit. i have seen yellow do this as well.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It's been a while since the high speed agitation firmware came out and dare I ask if anyone has noticed any improvements with IU reliability ?

Just asking as we seem to be going through a few imaging units again.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Helpdesk View Post
    It's been a while since the high speed agitation firmware came out and dare I ask if anyone has noticed any improvements with IU reliability ?

Just asking as we seem to be going through a few imaging units again.
    I think they did some modifications on developer unit mixing shafts to agitate mixture better around TCR sensor... but maybe I'm dreaming
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiagocang View Post

Latest firmware is G00-N4. see attached for toner depletion problemImage Units Depleting .pdfBulletin Number 12202.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markks View Post
    Latest firmware is G00-N4. see attached for toner depletion problemImage Units Depleting .pdfBulletin Number 12202.pdf
    not sure why other two files didnt attach. trying againImage Units Depleting .pdfBulletin Number 12202.pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

A comment on the bulletin 12202:
    To run the high-speed agitation, select “Initialize+Image Stabilization" (The process will run for about 4 minutes)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    A comment on the bulletin 12202:
    To run the high-speed agitation, select “Initialize+Image Stabilization" (The process will run for about 4 minutes)

You forgot to add - all the paper trays have to be open
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We have loaded the firmware since its launch and done the high speed agitation, however the problem seems to come back especially if the machine is sat idle for a while.

Previously we had similar experiences with the C1070 print production machines when they were switched off over Xmas.

I am aware of the developer unit modification and I have been informed that these wont appear in the UK until Feb at the earliest.