Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

C454e Funny Prints.

Good day Peeps.

Please excuse my English.

I Have C454e. Lately the printer prints like this.

( Note all drums haven been replaced a while back and def refill kits. NON OEM. Please do not judge me, in SA prices is insane and if you can get OEM parts your are very lucky. Even Minolta retailers here use non OEM.)

I have a small printing business, in my small town.

Barely surviving covid, as for our country is in state of disaster for the past 2 years. Business is really slow, and I try to keep the shop to help locals out with prints, as for I am the only person rendering the service here.

Okay my printer prints fine one day, and it prints like this ( See image 1 attached ), it randomly differs from colors.

After taking these steps it will work for a day or 2.

Step 1.Manual add toner to hopper and fill toners. - Sometimes problem goes away sometimes not.
    Step 2. Do Stabilizing and gradation - Sometimes problem goes away sometimes not.

Greens would become blue, red would become yellow etc. It differs every time.

I am in need of any advice or help, as for financially I cannot replace the printer, nor rent a new one. ( they are bogus with prices here, hence I saved up and bought a refurb 4 years back.)

I am losing money for more then a month now, with all color prints, and my head is standing still now. I did have 2 techs out, one says it is the main board ( but why sometimes it prints fine for a day or 2 then starts again.)
    Other tech said firmware, and I cannot get hold of any FW as for my local Guys Charges me R2500 ZAR for it.

Any help would really be appreciated. I can also Provide my WhatsApp number to do a video call, and show how the printer is printing..
    Picture one is with the miss print.IMG-20220503-WA0041.jpg This is more or less how the image should look. IMG-20220503-WA0042.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

Re: C454e Funny Prints.

Hi
    Cant really make out from the pictures.
    Which one is what it should look like?

Are you using generic toners?
    How do the half tones look at 255 and 120?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

As Brett suggested, when it is printing lousy, print out halftone pages for each of the colors, CMYK. Do it once at the full bleed of 255 and then again at 120.

In service mode, select 'Test Mode' then 'Halftone Pattern' Select the 'CMYK' button and hit start. It will print out one of each color on whatever the largest piece of paper is that's in the machine. When the first round is done, key in the number 120 and hit start again.

Scan those in and attach them to a post on this thread.
    Last edited by femaster; 05-06-2022 at 01:42 AM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The pictures aren't too clear, but from what you're describing, it could be an issue with the developing units. Further testing would be necessary. I agree, run halftone or gradation patterns to see how the individual colors are coming out.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C454e Funny Prints.

Agree with all of the above.. Good Luck

Good Morning From SA guys..hehe

Okay I will be at the shop in about an hour, then I will do so and revert back. I will also try to take better pictures...

Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by PieterShaun View Post
    Good Morning From SA guys..hehe

Okay I will be at the shop in about an hour, then I will do so and revert back. I will also try to take better pictures...

Thanks in advance..

Hi Mr van Venterburg print CMYK halftones uit service mode uit onder test mode. Stel value na 125 van 255 uit.
    Whatever

Hi Guys..

Here is the results...

Black-Test — ImgBB

Magenta-Test — ImgBB

Yellow-test — ImgBB

Cyan-Test — ImgBB

Sorry for the links, My internet is soso bad today cant upload anything...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

you clearly have a problem with Cyan, its covering the whole page when printing any colour
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    you clearly have a problem with Cyan, its covering the whole page when printing any colour
    Hi Thanks for the reply and input..

I doubt it, I tried to look very closely now, Nothing on the papers in front of me. I think is the way my camera took the pictures. I did not scan the papers, I took photos..

Thanks again