Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

C258 white spots from cyan only

Hello chaps,

I have a c258 just come in, only done 19k colour but the cyan is leaving little mouse size poo white spots all over a sky shotted page.

so swapped the drum, no change, took out the dev unit which looked fine, full coverage, spins ok, toner levels are normal, nice and clean, all other colours ok so can't be the belt.

so to test I swapped the magenta dev unit with the cyan and test printed and the fault followed the cyan, therefore it has something to do with the dev unit, but, what is it?

I have tried to upload a jpeg but the site just keeps giving me error why is that?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Re: C258 white spots from cyan only

better if you send a test, thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C258 white spots from cyan only

Quote Originally Posted by Scarekrow View Post
    Hello chaps,

I have a c258 just come in, only done 19k colour but the cyan is leaving little mouse size poo white spots all over a sky shotted page.

so swapped the drum, no change, took out the dev unit which looked fine, full coverage, spins ok, toner levels are normal, nice and clean, all other colours ok so can't be the belt.

so to test I swapped the magenta dev unit with the cyan and test printed and the fault followed the cyan, therefore it has something to do with the dev unit, but, what is it?

I have tried to upload a jpeg but the site just keeps giving me error why is that?
    If off lease machine don't discount the prior service company swapping out the dev unit with bad unit! Sorry to say it happens all the time when the machines are sitting in dealers warehouse waiting to go back to leasing company / wholesalers

The cyan dev unit is very common to lose developer due to over life drum. Even though it looks good on mag roller it's still low on developer. Some times you can get lucky and go into service mode and add cyan toner (which has developer mixed in) and bring dev level in state confirm back to 6 - 6.5%. If not can add some aftermarket developer (copylite products). both optins way less than $500+ for new developer unit. Oh yea, still needs new drum or it will happen again. Konica minolta says this can happen from "any" consumable being overlife but I've found it's usually the drum of that color dev that caused it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarekrow View Post
    Hello chaps,

Attach MML list to see voltages cyan may be off.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Generally dev units depleted of developer give a banding or pattern, quite often a diagonal or diamond effect.

I have seen devs behave like this with the white spots when the machine has come in from a trader where it has been kept in a cold or damp environment and damp has gotten into the unit. Generally they clear up after a couple of days of normal temperature.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

IF this does not clear up after a couple of days of normal temperature like goose wrote, try this:
    Set "2nd Transfer Adj" to a lower value.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by avecosat View Post
    C258 white spots from cyan only-resized-image-jpgresized image.jpgresized image.jpg

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by avecosat View Post

Ok
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Judging from this sample I would rather increase 2nd Transfer voltage.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

if it's only in cyan I think it's the DV