Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Is Konica Minolta going out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    *Beware of getting ripped off or waiting months to receive products from China !!!
    There is probably no quick fix or no risk to this Konica Minolta shit storm.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Is Konica Minolta going out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by suomi View Post
    There is probably no quick fix or no risk to this Konica Minolta shit storm.
    I would rather buy an off lease machine and strip for parts then buy from China company!

As for toners this has been addressed on this forum many times. If it is a hard to find toner with no aftermarket available then refilling the bottles with another OEM toner may be option.

Just heard to many bad things with ordering from China.

Yes it is true.But… Konica Minolta uses/buy colors from xinying tecnologies.
    the cardboard box is almost similar only the Konica Minolta logo is missing.
    And katun toner…
    I service konica minolta contract machines and I have seen what is used in the devices.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suomi View Post
    Yes it is true.But… Konica Minolta uses/buy colors from xinying tecnologies.
    the cardboard box is almost similar only the Konica Minolta logo is missing.
    And katun toner…
    I service konica minolta contract machines and I have seen what is used in the devices.
    Ok. So can you recommend an honest China supplier that will ship fast and not have to wait weeks for delivery? Or require a large quantity 1st order?

As far as I know Kon/Min toner is made in Japan not China. Japan is where the factory had the fires and caused the world toner shortage. Am I mistaken?

Ok. So can you recommend an honest China supplier that will ship fast and not have to wait weeks for delivery? Or require a large quantity 1st order?

As far as I know Kon/Min toner is made in Japan not China. Japan is where the factory had the fires and caused the world toner shortage. Am I mistaken?
    No i cant recommend. But Konica is fucked and they buy toner china and katun their own contract machines.
    And dealer are trouble too. Now konica say that October is back to normal…..A4 printer black toner is fucked.
    A3 toner stock situation looks bad.

Ordered expensive A4 toner from China today. In a month, they will arrive. Customs duties and taxes on top. But the same black toner that konica minolta uses. Works or doesn't work but the devices don't stop. Thanks to Konica Minolta for the shit storm. More than 20 years of Konica Minolta service behind. And this too has to be experienced. But probably all equipment suppliers have a hard time. Except others haven't burned / exploded the factory ...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would rather buy an off lease machine and strip for parts then buy from China company!

As for toners this has been addressed on this forum many times. If it is a hard to find toner with no aftermarket available then refilling the bottles with another OEM toner may be option.

Just heard to many bad things with ordering from China.
    I have done that on a pinch for black toner on a color machine, use toner powder from a 364e or 454e.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I think toner changed on C6100 then previous C6000? Its more glossy and beautiful.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

As I've posted on this forum before there is no excuse why K/M should of run out of toner, etc and they should suffer for it just like we have! How does the #1 or 2 copier company short the world of toner because of fires at one warehouse! Why wouldn't they have several factories / warehouses in different parts of the world!
    Agree, simply no excuse for this mess, and some image units and parts are also in short supply , not just toner. Disgusting!
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Agree, simply no excuse for this mess, and some image units and parts are also in short supply , not just toner. Disgusting!
    I pulled my PPC contracts with them. I encourage others as well depending on the model they own. Most everything is serviceable by oneself. I feel bad how much money I gave KM for nothing over the years.