Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: New machine delivery time?

Quote Originally Posted by jwai View Post
    Generally KM would launch " e " series or similar models after 2-3 years of all new machines debut.
    Currently they can't fullfil existing demand tell me about new versions. The market is very different today and I'm not expecting C250i series successor in near future.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    New machine delivery time?

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... I rec'd 3x e330AC this week that I ordered about two months ago. They are now all installed.

I took orders for six more today.

In this market, local inventory is king! Price and features are second.
    ... in times of hardware shortages like now, it is key to keep your credit account current with your OEM supplier. You do not want to be skipped over for a shipment because your business is on credit hold.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Sometimes a dealer can get into a situation based on what is available. For a while we had lots of A3 engines with nothing to set them on as paper desks were backordered. Engines had shipped from the OEM and were invoiced but we couldn't invoice any of it becuase we there was no way to install them. We were good because we could deal with it financially. There are plenty of dealers out there that don't have much room to sit on loads of engines they can't deliver and invoice. The cash runs out and they get put on credit hold by an OEM. Perhaps the OEM fills orders based on who is current.

We normally stock plenty of Lexmark and order Sharp as it is sold. When I saw backorder issues with other OEM's I began to stock machines I never had. Although Sharp has been very good compared to other OEM's they recently slowed down in ship times so I was glad I had stocked these machines.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwai View Post
    However, KM don't launch new model for successor, current i series is working over 4 years.
    I would rather no successors! The new models are getting worse & worse. Guess I got spoiled with the 4 series. Doubt any future models will beat it, consumables lasting 2-3 cycles, no service calls for over a year in low volume accounts, etc etc. Replacing them with the "8" series and hope they last until I retire in a few years.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I would rather no successors! The new models are getting worse & worse. Guess I got spoiled with the 4 series. Doubt any future models will beat it, consumables lasting 2-3 cycles, no service calls for over a year in low volume accounts, etc etc. Replacing them with the "8" series and hope they last until I retire in a few years.
    I'm in the same boat. Loved the 4 series. The 8 is good except for the charge rollers. The newest Konica Minolta I've purchased is the 3350i and I'm hesitant to sell to it anybody. Maybe the 450i will be a good machine. It's easier to sell a machine that is 3 to 4 years old than something 7 to 8 years old.

What clone is the BH-C-3350i? Same crappy origin like the BH-C-35?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    What clone is the BH-C-3350i? Same crappy origin like the BH-C-35?

Hans
    Hard to say. It's smaller than a c3351. The top tray can only run 8x11. To be able to use 8x14 you have to use the bypass or get the optional tray. It has a big touch screen which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by adecanmin View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Loved the 4 series. The 8 is good except for the charge rollers. The newest Konica Minolta I've purchased is the 3350i and I'm hesitant to sell to it anybody. Maybe the 450i will be a good machine. It's easier to sell a machine that is 3 to 4 years old than something 7 to 8 years old.
    "The 8 is good except for the charge rollers"

I agree about the charge roller. As I've posted before K/M changed to the PCR so drum units wouldn't last long like the 4 series. There is a new aftermarket spiral PCR cleaning roller that I just got and going to try. Hopefully this is an improvement and drum units will at least last a full cycle.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    "The 8 is good except for the charge rollers"

I agree about the charge roller. As I've posted before K/M changed to the PCR so drum units wouldn't last long like the 4 series. There is a new aftermarket spiral PCR cleaning roller that I just got and going to try. Hopefully this is an improvement and drum units will at least last a full cycle.
    Any idea what that sponge roller below charge roller is supposed to do? I know over time especially in the c3850 series it turns gummy. I've removed them when they deteriorate and start to transfer material to the charge roller.