Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    New machine delivery time?

Just wanted to see how long it's taking Kon/Min dealers to fulfill customer orders for new machines & accessories? Specifically the C450i / C550i model that one of my customers is looking to buy.

Thanks
    Last edited by copyman; 05-20-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Re: New machine delivery time?

In March, received the latest products. At its longest had to wait half a year. Most of this year’s orders didn’t come.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Depending on what you are after I guess the wait time could vary. Six weeks ago we put in and order for 24 machines and various accessories (PC, DK, FS, RU, etc.) All of them were various i-models with the exception of three 287s. To date we have gotten in all the accessories that were ordered with them, and three C650i and four C300i machines, which was the full order of those models. I'd say if someone was interested in getting something that probably wouldn't have a seriously long wait, those would be 2 models to look into at this point.
    Last edited by femaster; 05-20-2022 at 01:59 PM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Just wanted to see how long it's taking Kon/Min dealers to fulfill customer orders for new machines & accessories? Specifically the C458 / C558 model that one of my customers is looking to buy.

Thanks

I would assume you'd have a very long wait for those models, as they've been replaced by the C450i//c550i
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    I would assume you'd have a very long wait for those models, as they've been replaced by the C450i//c550i
    Haha... yes I meant the C450i / C550i and corrected original post.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Two other OEMs have said don't expect any engines until Sept. or Oct. with the exception of a few models still left in stock. The continued complete lockdowns in areas of China where semiconductors are made is the reason given. I am told it will cause all OEMs to halt production if they haven't already.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Can anyone beat this ? Order raised beginning January 2022 and we are still waiting for the Konica Minolta machines !!! We get excuse after excuse and no real answers.
    Is this a UK thing or is everyone waiting at least 7 months for the KM boxes ???

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

I am still hearing that all OEM's except for Sharp are still dealing with issues getting equipment orders fulfilled. As for Sharp we only starting seeing a slow down in A3 products in April of this year and it has slowly been getting back to normal. Right now the delays seems to be limited to paper desks. Sharp and Lexmark A4 has been a problem since late 2021.

We got a school bid on March 22 with a contract award on April 11. It required a complete install date by July 29 among other rediculous things. Hard pass.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I ordered a new Machine like 2 weeks ago and it arrived on last Monday.
    I am still waiting on a d-Color MF 554 for about 5 Months now with no ETA. Realy depends on the Machine right now

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Helpdesk View Post
    Can anyone beat this ? Order raised beginning January 2022 and we are still waiting for the Konica Minolta machines !!! We get excuse after excuse and no real answers.
    Is this a UK thing or is everyone waiting at least 7 months for the KM boxes ???
    Yes. Have been waiting on a C368 for 13 months. Arrived in June this Year. Lost the Customer due to it