Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica C308 error FA-14 and E3-01

Hi all

Can anyone help with errors FA-14 and E3-01 on a c308?

I'm on the understanding that the firmware needs updating or the HDD needs formatting or replacing...

TIA

Service Manager 500+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: Konica C308 error FA-14 and E3-01

Those codes were addressed in firmware updates quite some time ago. I guess you'd need to check and see what the current firmware version is before making a determination as to what the cause is.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Those codes were addressed in firmware updates quite some time ago. I guess you'd need to check and see what the current firmware version is before making a determination as to what the cause is.
    "e301 occurs when..." is in literally every FW's PDF. Are these codes on startup or while printing specific documents?
    Unplug the ethernet and do a trouble reset. If it doesn't show its network traffic and I haven't had experience with that, our IT has (I have seen it caused by a specific document, printing page 3 in a PDF would code).
    I've had it show on startup and firmware didn't fix it. I didn't have a drive on me but doing a clear all data followed by a logical got rid of the code, its been about a year and still running fine.

If it occurs without ethernet disable the Hard drive in service mode and unseat the connections. You'll lose scanning capabilities but should still be able to print. That'll confirm its the drive. With FA14s in there as well I imagine its the drive, but go ahead and check with the drive disabled

Service Manager 500+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    "e301 occurs when..." is in literally every FW's PDF.
    Exactly my point. You can't pinpoint the cause of the problem unless you are running the latest firmware to know that all the previous causes that are firmware related have been fixed first.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    "e301 occurs when..." is in literally every FW's PDF. Are these codes on startup or while printing specific documents?
    Unplug the ethernet and do a trouble reset. If it doesn't show its network traffic and I haven't had experience with that, our IT has (I have seen it caused by a specific document, printing page 3 in a PDF would code).
    I've had it show on startup and firmware didn't fix it. I didn't have a drive on me but doing a clear all data followed by a logical got rid of the code, its been about a year and still running fine.

If it occurs without ethernet disable the Hard drive in service mode and unseat the connections. You'll lose scanning capabilities but should still be able to print. That'll confirm its the drive. With FA14s in there as well I imagine its the drive, but go ahead and check with the drive disabled
    That's some very good logic tmmdmmm. Plus latest firmware of course.
    E301 is KM dreaded error and not an easy to troubleshoot.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well, I attended site and found the HDD set to not installed and the IP set to manual with the generic 169.x.x.x....

Weird, so I set the HDD to installed, upgrade firmware, then setup correct IP settings then and the machine was back to normal.....

Maybe IT connected remotely and done some reset? I dunno....I changed the Admin password anyway just incase

Thanks for all the input!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Well, I attended site and found the HDD set to not installed and the IP set to manual with the generic 169.x.x.x....

Weird, so I set the HDD to installed, upgrade firmware, then setup correct IP settings then and the machine was back to normal.....

Maybe IT connected remotely and done some reset? I dunno....I changed the Admin password anyway just incase

Thanks for all the input!
    Yep sounds like an 'advanced' customer's job - doing network reset and HDD format not knowing how it works.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.