Thread: C353

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C353

C353

Still have a customer with one of these and still working good. Forgot all about it and thought I had upgraded all of them. Anyway the 3 color IU's are end of life but machine is set to not stop. Problem is consumable life screen keeps popping up.
    Been awhile since I worked on these and seem to recall once that screen comes up you can't get rid of it without replacing IU's? Or is there a way to reset without changing the IU chips? If not guess I can order the chips.

Thanks

C353

Re: C353

I found a set of chips so will just chip the IU's for now. Thanks anyway

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I found a set of chips so will just chip the IU's for now. Thanks anyway
    Careful with chips because if drums are old and spend print quality may actually worsen after chipping.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

C353

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Careful with chips because if drums are old and spend print quality may actually worsen after chipping.
    Thanks, I seem to remember it was hit or miss when chipping end of life IU's on this series. I'm bringing good C253 IU's with me and will switch the end caps to work in the C353 if necessary.

Technician

I changed the magenta toner chip a few days ago because it burned, the toner being full. After this change, the cyan toner chip also burned, so the toner was full. Then the yellow and magenta drum chips burned consecutively, both cylinders being within their lifetime.
    I don't understand what's happening... the face contacts are perfect and everything seems ok. But this car burns the chips and I don't understand what it could be.

C353

Quote Originally Posted by cristachecri View Post
    I changed the magenta toner chip a few days ago because it burned, the toner being full. After this change, the cyan toner chip also burned, so the toner was full. Then the yellow and magenta drum chips burned consecutively, both cylinders being within their lifetime.
    I don't understand what's happening... the face contacts are perfect and everything seems ok. But this car burns the chips and I don't understand what it could be.
    Are you talking about toner or image unit chips? This thread is about image unit chips so confused. Are you saying the chips are shorting out and literlly burnt? I worked on many of those back in the day and never saw this. My guess would be the aftermarket chips are wrong chips or bad. I would try a genuine toner and see what happens.