Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C-368, not able to update F/W

Re: C-368, not able to update F/W

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    We've had a few 8 series that would inexplicably not accept a FW update.

But after a few re-starts they eventually started.
    I experienced this issue too a few times. Not sure if it was only 8-Series but i had a bunch of machnies who dont want to do firmware updates over usb. For me the Internet ISW Way worked fine, i was able to update Firmware with USB right after

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    I experienced this issue too a few times. Not sure if it was only 8-Series but i had a bunch of machnies who dont want to do firmware updates over usb. For me the Internet ISW Way worked fine, i was able to update Firmware with USB right after

Maybe try the SATA update first then try again the regular firmware ?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Maybe try the SATA update first then try again the regular firmware ?

Tried it, but the Machine simply did not accept any type of Firmware, although USB Print worked. I work with Olivetti alot, which is basically a rebrand /Subcompany of Konica Minolta (Same Machines, different Model Names) and their support also had no idea what the issue is, even had a tech of them coming to us without any success

Thanks for all the replies guys. I looked at Enhanced Sec. Mode, everything normal. Checked S/Ns and all seems well. I will have to see if I can re-try the FTP upload and see what happens.

OC

Another silly question. Did you use different thumb drives or tried to format it?
    Had one case where i went thru 3 different memory sticks before i had luck. Strange thing if the same drives that failed to load firmware worked fine on other models.
    If the drive has been partitioned or made to boot it does not work. Think i have used the app called Rufus to fix the formatting before.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I looked at Enhanced Sec. Mode, everything normal. Checked S/Ns and all seems well. I will have to see if I can re-try the FTP upload and see what happens.

OC
    Have you done a trouble reset yet? For testing purpose, i'd also reset the CE Password.
    idk what it is called at KM, but with Olivetti (Rebranded KM, same machines from the inside) we have something called i-options. If you have something like that in KM installed, check for the Antivirus kit. I'd guess that the antivirus blocks the USB from working.

Also, check if the USB (Port) is useable for USB Print.

If all that doesnt work and you decide to stick with the Internet ISW and need help setting everything up, drop me an email

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Another silly question. Did you use different thumb drives or tried to format it?
    Had one case where i went thru 3 different memory sticks before i had luck. Strange thing if the same drives that failed to load firmware worked fine on other models.
    If the drive has been partitioned or made to boot it does not work. Think i have used the app called Rufus to fix the formatting before.
    I can confirm. I used to use Windows format function for drives but realised its kinda destroying the sticks for some reason bc most sticks i used with a windows computer stopped working after around 100 reformats.
    Then fully switched to linux and never had an issue, coworkers who kept on using windows then started using rufus too and there are no more "failing" sticks around.

Just format it to UEFI:NTFS when using Rufus. Or use gparted like i do