Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I Series Operation Panel

I Series Operation Panel

Good evening all!
    About 6 months back we had a c450i periodically have its op panel go dark, but the touchscreen would still register. This wasn't a backlight issue. Ended up replacing the Op panel and Usb C to the mfpb. Prior to me replacing it another tech went out there, "hit" the op panel and it came back to life, couldn't replicate it after but still resat the connection inside.

Since then firmware was updated to M2.

They placed a service call for the opposite, screen has life but the touchscreen periodically doesn't register until they let it sit for a while or reboot, it'll still print while its having issues.
    Already confirmed its not a waking up from sleep issue, it happens when they're on the copy screen as well. Have another op panel ready but want to check if there's something else someone has found.

Feel like I'll be fighting this to something random like the CPUB

Re: I Series Operation Panel

We had bad riots in South-Africa a while ago. On one of the I series machines they ripped the control panel right of separating it from its housing and making a proper mess of it probably thinking its a tablet. Its tied with a cable for some reason and that got ripped too. It was found next to the machine. After fixing the wiring it worked fine. So i know they are tough. Sounds like your problem could be what is instructing it.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: I Series Operation Panel

I had a 300i with freezer after a job/print/copy/scan or to mouch touches. Only restarts brought the panel back ro respond.
    I have replaced the Cpub and have had no callbacks. (2 months ago).

No errors were reported either.