Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Can the bizhub 4020 driver bein used for a Lexmark MX511de?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    If its that critical your customer needs Follow Me Printing. Ysoft...
    With biz/lex 4020...nah. If I should be concerned that much then no 4-5 generations old machine at the customer no matter what.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Can the bizhub 4020 driver bein used for a Lexmark MX511de?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Ok here is the last option I can think of. Use PS and the PPD. It comes with the config files so it installs normal from the control panel and supports all the trays and duplex and all the other features for this model. There also seems to be a network TWAIN scan driver that is 15Mb's available.
    A full 313Kb's.

302 Moved

Ok this was getting annoying for me so i just decided to compile all the drivers into one setup. Scan, Fax, Network, Print.
    print_lex510_comp.zip - AnonFiles

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    With biz/lex 4020...nah. If I should be concerned that much then no 4-5 generations old machine at the customer no matter what.
    I'd not even place any machine like that there unless there are requirements that the machine has to fit under the table or something. If i have basically no restrictions there would be atleast a c360i there when im listening to what hans reported about the customers use of the machine.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

If i have basically no restrictions there would be atleast a c360i there when im listening to what hans reported about the customers use of the machine.
    Similar is my plan. Since we do mainly in pre-owned equipment, it will be a BH-C-368
    For the moment I decided to get from my wholesaler a cheap Lex MC511de to test first all advised procedures here in my workshop before I go to the customer. Then I am sure and will feel confident that at the customer's place it will work as desired.

I thank all of you guy's so much for the very interesting input here and the exceptional help in this matter.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Similar is my plan. Since we do mainly in pre-owned equipment, it will be a BH-C-368
    For the moment I decided to get from my wholesaler a cheap Lex MC511de to test first all advised procedures here in my workshop before I go to the customer. Then I am sure and will feel confident that at the customer's place it will work as desired.

I thank all of you guy's so much for the very interesting input here and the exceptional help in this matter.

Hans
    Ok i dont understand this i think. I got that you do mainly pre-owned systems, but if you have such a crucial important customer " this is a specialized medical practice where patients are coming from all around the country and even from outside foreign countries. They are relying on their services. If this machine drops out, procedures and treatment cannot be fulfilled", i personally would not and do not play any funny games with used machines there. I'd put a brand new, up to date machine there.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    Ok i dont understand this i think. I got that you do mainly pre-owned systems, but if you have such a crucial important customer " this is a specialized medical practice where patients are coming from all around the country and even from outside foreign countries. They are relying on their services. If this machine drops out, procedures and treatment cannot be fulfilled", i personally would not and do not play any funny games with used machines there. I'd put a brand new, up to date machine there.
    I got what you mean, but my experience over the many years is that pre-owned equipment with up to maximum 100k on the clock is much, much more reliable than brand new, latest&greatest, out of the box, fresh from China, machines. Those used machines are in our workshop being dismantled, cleaned, getting new ORIGINAL KonicaMinolta pickup rollers. Critical consumable parts and color units when they are over 50% of their life as well. K-drums are being replaced almost all the time, K-dev units also when over 50%, same applies for fuser units and TB's. Almost all of our equipment are rentals or put out under maintenance contract.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    I got what you mean, but my experience over the many years is that pre-owned equipment with up to maximum 100k on the clock is much, much more reliable than brand new, latest&greatest, out of the box, fresh from China, machines. Those used machines are in our workshop being dismantled, cleaned, getting new ORIGINAL KonicaMinolta pickup rollers. Critical consumable parts and color units when they are over 50% of their life as well. K-drums are being replaced almost all the time, K-dev units also when over 50%, same applies for fuser units and TB's. Almost all of our equipment are rentals or put out under maintenance contract.

Hans
    So there is no newer equipment available for you other than a c368? Well, i guess its better than some lexmark but its your choice what you want to place there. Have a good amount of c360i out there already and so far no issues even with heavy user (except for user errors ofc.)

When we resell a used machine, we always replace all units that are over 90% of their estimated lifetime and use the "old" units for repairs in some small offices

Happy that we're able to help you here tho.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

on konica i use the driver packaging utility after i do one manual install and tell them to run that. thats the best of both world. unattended install with pre filled admin credentials typed in and its the "real" driver