Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Konica c364 fax Will receive but not send

Re: Konica c364 fax Will receive but not send

Quote Originally Posted by DOE View Post
    Update. I tried another fax and still the same problem no scanning of originals. All settings are correct and it set to U.S. The copier will occasionally say memory is full. I had to uninstall the HDD because it was causing a internal error and the customer did not want to replace it but I donít think that would have anything to do with the scanning of originals for faxing Especially when was just trying to send one original.
    For the fax option to function the HDD must be enabled. The HDD is the work and storage memory for the fax option. You need to replace, enable and format the HDD and then the fax should work properly.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post
    For the fax option to function the HDD must be enabled. The HDD is the work and storage memory for the fax option. You need to replace, enable and format the HDD and then the fax should work properly.
    Ouch, I missed that part from author's description. Makes perfect sense.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I unset my C364 HDD..the fax works just the same.. it can send and receive.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hmm, strange. I have had machines not able to fax until the hdd was set. That would be my next step to try, and after that, I would try a Clear all data, and if still not working, then I would probably look at replacement of the MFPB.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If the HDD is needed depends on the SSD Firmware.

Have you installed the latest Firmware?

Also, how are you trying to send the Fax?
    There are 2 ways, the first is that you insert the number and than hit Start to send it so it scans the documents and than tries 3 times to send them, while the other is while On Hook you can do and hear the dialing and the handshake etc.

Also, enable the report if transmission fails and check what is the problem reported.

You can also check the log of sent/failed faxes, print it!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I had a thought that might help you troubleshoot this..

Install the fax driver on a PC and try to send..You are now bypassing the entire scanning section..If it works the issue is in the scanner, it not, then the fax may be the culprit. I would also go into SM and run a memory check. I have seen RAM go bad and it's not until the bad section is accessed that anything stops. E

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Just to clarify, when you sent off-hook, what exactly did you hear? Did you get the modem sound from the other machine?

Have you connected a handset to this line and tried calling a regular phone number?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I think I had a case when the button disappeared only when the line chord was plugged in. Try and leave it unplugged and restart the machine. If it suddenly looks OK you might fiddle around with the RJ11 cable - disconnect all outer wires beside the two in the middle - helped me several times, especially with ricoh MFPs.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Lets start with some basics. What is the firmware level? Is it base firmware or version up firmware? Latest version up firmware I see is GR6-M0. Start with that. Then, possibly try formatting the ssd. Backup your network settings and address book first. Its not quite a clear all data, or even using the reset tool (last resort). Perhaps there is also a security setting that has changed, preventing sending faxes, although that seems unlikely. I like the suggestion of trying the PC fax driver to see if it sends. You could try doing the fax file format in service mode as well, its quick and does not require a reboot, and does not delete settings.

Good Luck