Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub C454e with K Imaging issues

Re: Bizhub C454e with K Imaging issues

It's not the fuser. The image looks the same before it goes into the fusing section.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonSBE View Post
    It's not the fuser. The image looks the same before it goes into the fusing section.
    If you can confirm everything below to start fresh:

Problem:
    Machine 1 Dev 1: Shows TCR 7.71 despite realistically being 0%.
    Machine 2 Dev 2: Shows TCR as 5.8 which is correct

Machine 1 Dev 2: Shows TCR 19% despite being 5.8
    Machine 2 Dev 1: Shows TCR as 0%, which is correct.

Machine 1 is not properly detecting its actual TCR, the IQ issues are purely a biproduct of this issue.

Attempts:

Swapped out with a brand new Developer AND Drum
    Swapped out with a used developer
    Swapped Front Board
    Latest Base Firmware
    Replaced HV
    Replaced SubHopper/Supply Motor
    Replaced PRCB
    Replaced MFPB
    Toner is OEM but has not been replaced
    Replaced DCPU and PH board

Konica says to replace the HV and DV Contacts
    @Romario says contaminated toner; clean hopper and replace toner and developer, but based on the abnormally high TCR readings of the non-contaminated Dev I don't believe thats the case.

Wiring:

I've never had to do this, but Id try metering Pin 5 on CN13,14,15,16 (Front board) and seeing if 13 Matches the rest. You might have to cheat the front door and wtb, but im not sure. They should all be 3.3v. Likewise Pin 4 for all is TCR, and Pin 2 is Area Detect without set voltages in the diagram. Id double check that the various pins on CN13 matches 14/15/16 (Realistically this shouldn't matter, the Dev includes the cabling and you've replaced the FRB which does the processing)

That Area detect then goes from CN3 Pin 9(Y) 10(M) 11(C) 12(K) to PRCB CN9 Pin 8(Y) 7(M) 6(C) 5(K). Check that there's no loss between CN3 on the FRB and CN9 on the PRCB. Likewise, CN2 on the FRB and CN8 on the PRCB seems to have all of the processing from the FRB (This part is more important, especially CN2 to CN8)

"Proven" by both developers it seems like your machine is overly sensitive to the readings from the TCR sensor; its reporting a higher percentage regardless of which developer is there. The theory doesn't go into voltages for the TCR sensor, so I'd

1: double check that there's no loss/gain between the the FRB and PRCB, the two cables are well routed so it'll probably be faster to meter all the readings than replace),
    and
    2: replace the ribbon cable/other connectors between the PRCB and MFPB

Konica's recommendation is okay but expect ship times. I've never had luck with their calls unless I borrow a supervisors tech number to get their actual useful team of only 3-4 people, and considering the HV contacts don't come into play until putting toner on paper I think its one of the instances we're they're just guessing as much as us

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post

Problem:

Machine 1 is not properly detecting its actual TCR, the IQ issues are purely a biproduct of this issue.

Attempts:

Swapped Front Board
    Latest Base Firmware
    Replaced HV
    Replaced PRCB
    Replaced MFPB

@Romario says contaminated toner; clean hopper and replace toner and developer, but based on the abnormally high TCR readings of the non-contaminated Dev I don't believe thats the case.

Wiring:

I've never had to do this, but Id try metering Pin 5 on CN13,14,15,16 (Front board) and seeing if 13 Matches the rest. You might have to cheat the front door and wtb, but im not sure. They should all be 3.3v. Likewise Pin 4 for all is TCR, and Pin 2 is Area Detect without set voltages in the diagram. Id double check that the various pins on CN13 matches 14/15/16 (Realistically this shouldn't matter, the Dev includes the cabling and you've replaced the FRB which does the processing)

That Area detect then goes from CN3 Pin 9(Y) 10(M) 11(C) 12(K) to PRCB CN9 Pin 8(Y) 7(M) 6(C) 5(K). Check that there's no loss between CN3 on the FRB and CN9 on the PRCB. Likewise, CN2 on the FRB and CN8 on the PRCB seems to have all of the processing from the FRB (This part is more important, especially CN2 to CN8)

"Proven" by both developers it seems like your machine is overly sensitive to the readings from the TCR sensor; its reporting a higher percentage regardless of which developer is there. The theory doesn't go into voltages for the TCR sensor, so I'd

1: double check that there's no loss/gain between the the FRB and PRCB, the two cables are well routed so it'll probably be faster to meter all the readings than replace),
    and

Konica's recommendation is okay but expect ship times. I've never had luck with their calls unless I borrow a supervisors tech number to get their actual useful team of only 3-4 people, and considering the HV contacts don't come into play until putting toner on paper I think its one of the instances we're they're just guessing as much as us
    Thanks. Yes, with those results my guess does not make any sense anymore. I wasnt able to realy keep track of what he has done and what not so i missed a couple points.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post

Problem:

Attempts:

Swapped Front Board
    Latest Base Firmware
    Replaced HV
    Replaced PRCB
    Replaced MFPB

Wiring:

and

Thank You for taking the time to structure this out. Only amendment I would make is that I did change out the toner for another OEM toner just to be on the safe side, but seeing how the mfp is not adding toner to the developing unit it is probably irrelevant. I'm not going to be looking at the machine today as I have some other equipment to stage up but I will update as soon as I get a chance to take a look at the steps you've come up with.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thank You for taking the time to structure this out. Only amendment I would make is that I did change out the toner for another OEM toner just to be on the safe side, but seeing how the mfp is not adding toner to the developing unit it is probably irrelevant. I'm not going to be looking at the machine today as I have some other equipment to stage up but I will update as soon as I get a chance to take a look at the steps you've come up with.

I have one question for you .what do the bk drum and developer counts say? if you put a new odrum developer combo in should be 0 or close to it. the magnetic sensors differ greatly in sensitivity from unit to unit when new parts are detected the machine adjusts to the new density sensor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    I have one question for you .what do the bk drum and developer counts say? if you put a new odrum developer combo in should be 0 or close to it. the magnetic sensors differ greatly in sensitivity from unit to unit when new parts are detected the machine adjusts to the new density sensor.
    I did not pull up that section of service mode whenever I installed the new drum and developer, but whenever I look at them in the consumable life page they were showing installed that day and full capacity.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well..... still not solving this one. I followed Konica Minolta tech supports directions and replaced the HV and DV contacts. I also consulted with a former co-worker of mine that suggested a possible short to ground on the lead in the main drive that connects to the DV unit so I tried that as well. Still showing abnormally high developer density in the K unit. I'm starting to think this machine is cursed. I've never had this much trouble chasing down an issue on one of these 4e series machines.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well..... still not solving this one. I followed Konica Minolta tech supports directions and replaced the HV and DV contacts. I also consulted with a former co-worker of mine that suggested a possible short to ground on the lead in the main drive that connects to the DV unit so I tried that as well. Still showing abnormally high developer density in the K unit. I'm starting to think this machine is cursed. I've never had this much trouble chasing down an issue on one of these 4e series machines.
    well you know what? I have exactly the same situation, but instead of abnormally high developer density i have "black toner empty" message after basically replacing the whole machine. No matter what you swap, in other machines the error does not appear...

Something is off with the c454....

Did you rechiped the unit at any time?
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Did you rechiped the unit at any time?
    Nothing has been rechipped. The toner, drum, and developer are all oem.