Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice Tool-Bag

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Nice Tool-Bag

Nice Tool-Bag

I hope this is allowed and the right Place.
    NO PAID ADVERTISEMENT

I've been carrying around the same Tool-Bag for years now, getting heavier it feels like.
    Couple weeks ago i've switched to a smaller Tool-bag that is actually quite good quality and still cheap compared to other providers that i can easily carry around and helps me with all kind of repairs including copiers, phones, notebooks, computers, servers, watches and everything else.

Repair Business Toolkit
    – iFixit Store
    (Might need to switch language/region in the top right)

Some of you probably already know of those but i just want to tell some techs that dont to know about it too

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Nice Tool-Bag

Re: Nice Tool-Bag

I use a few of their tools in my bag but I've always preferred open top. Currently using Husky's 10in Electricians bag, Was eyeing Klein's 554158-14 but it seems just a tad small

Glad to see what other guys here is using, maybe i will like some new idea for toolbox.
    For years i use this type and it is ok, can carry almost all i need and some smaller mostly used parts.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Nice Tool-Bag

I'm old school and still use a Platt hard case. Every time I tried the soft shoulder case I will need something that I use to carry in the hard case so I switch back. I agree with OP the case is getting heavier as I get older! Plus there are many things I hardly use anymore, meter, soldering iron, big screwdrivers, 3 types of pliers, etc. I do like the hard case for the alcohol (no not the kind you drink ), cleaners, grease, etc
    Will probably retire before I make the switch to soft case......

Nice Tool-Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Glad to see what other guys here is using, maybe i will like some new idea for toolbox.
    For years i use this type and it is ok, can carry almost all i need and some smaller mostly used parts.

I've been given nearly this exact bag just without the sorting system. While it does work im more of the "sling you can throw over your shoulder" guy. Also, we service a lot of high profile customers so we trying to not look like the local plumber with our tools. To be honest with the bag i use now i just look like every other dude around there
    I can also fit some drum chips etc in there and also keep ~5 big zip bags on me for toner or small parts i took out of machines

Nice Tool-Bag

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I'm old school and still use a Platt hard case. Every time I tried the soft shoulder case I will need something that I use to carry in the hard case so I switch back. I agree with OP the case is getting heavier as I get older! Plus there are many things I hardly use anymore, meter, soldering iron, big screwdrivers, 3 types of pliers, etc. I do like the hard case for the alcohol (no not the kind you drink ), cleaners, grease, etc
    Will probably retire before I make the switch to soft case......
    In my new bag i got almost everything i actually need for the normal repairs. Most types of bits for the screwdriver platform, different small pry tools, multimeter, pliers, side cutters, fusible link, wires, cleaning utils, grease. And this one is smaller / more compact in size.

I rarely do soldering at all, most of the time it is enough to carry a lighter to do small adjustments. Soldering is mostly done in our workshop.

I am sure you could aslo use your bag for the other alcohol too

Technician

there is a separate bag without tools
    iFixit Messenger Bag - iFixit Store

Nice Tool-Bag

Quote Originally Posted by zayonc View Post
    there is a separate bag without tools
    iFixit Messenger Bag - iFixit Store
    I know, it is the same bag but without the tools. However i found for myself that all Tools in the full package are tools that i need on a normal repair while i have some tools that i dont actually need to carry around everytime in my old bag. Thats why i recommended the full one here.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Nice Tool-Bag

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    I know, it is the same bag but without the tools. However i found for myself that all Tools in the full package are tools that i need on a normal repair while i have some tools that i dont actually need to carry around everytime in my old bag. Thats why i recommended the full one here.
    You know what always happens, you switch bags with less tools then are on the 20th floor of city office building and need one of the tools you removed! Never fails!

Nice Tool-Bag

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    You know what always happens, you switch bags with less tools then are on the 20th floor of city office building and need one of the tools you removed! Never fails!
    Oh jesus christ dont remind me of the one time i drove 150km to a customer than realised i needed 1 special screwdriver i did not brought with me so i needed to drive 40km to the next hardware store and buy one and they didnt had one on stock so i went through neighbours asking for it