Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: C308 SSD Board Replacement / Availability

This document helped me a bunch and touch wood I have not bricked a machine yet.
    Case 4 states the counter data will move from the spares machine to your current machine.
    I have done this before. The EEPROM holds the engine data so don't move that. Else replace or move all parts from spares machine.
    Or I will just replace all the ICP'c on the units in that case.
    Board replacement cases.pdf - Google Drive
    Last edited by allan; 07-31-2022 at 06:20 PM.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C308 SSD Board Replacement / Availability

Thank allan! I hope I never need to use this information. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    These are avalible. Not discontinued
    A7AHH02D02
    They useally require tech support approval and managers order them
    It must have something to do with you being in the UK. Just for shits and giggles I tried it again with the same result, "discontinued":

eMMC Unavailable.jpg
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    This document helped me a bunch and touch wood I have not bricked a machine yet.
    Case 4 states the counter data will move from the spares machine to your current machine.
    I have done this before. The EEPROM holds the engine data so don't move that. Else replace or move all parts from spares machine.
    Or I will just replace all the ICP'c on the units in that case.
    Board replacement cases.pdf - Google Drive
    Thank you, this'll save me one day. Odd, the i series cert powerpoint had the board layout but not the various case scenarios

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you can move the ssd and mfp/driver board with the eeprom located behind the hv board. this will make the target machine into the donor machine. reset sn and relicense. Unit ,or you could get somebody from km to order it for you

A7AHH02E03 **CONTACT CSC** PWB ASSY (PWB-EMMC) 1 0 30.4 CSC APPROVAL REQD

Just to update, after a lot of time in contact with KM's support center, they finally agreed with me that the eMMC board was the problem in this machine. They added a notation to the support request which allowed me to proceed with the order. The eMMC board has to be ordered through KM's warranty page, and can't be ordered directly through the regular parts/supplies ordering interface. You are also required to have an open call with the support center, as you have to enter the support request number into the form when requesting the part.

Our office has learned a few things through the process of troubleshooting this machine. Just to refresh memories, we had done a lot of parts swapping between the non-booting C308, and a working C308 we had in the office to try and narrow down the bad part. During this process things like eMMc boards and EEPROMS were swapped back and forth between the 2 machines. Neither machine was ever actually booted into the standard copier screens while the parts from the other were installed. All that was ever done was to boot into diagnostic mode (by holding down the power button), since we couldn't even do that on the dead machine. This was done in the hopes that data on the different eMMC and EEPROM chips wouldn't be cross-contaminated with information from the other machine.

In the end, it was determined that the eMMC board was the issue. The board was ordered and installed. Board replacement requires the firmware to be installed immediately after installation. Support confirmed that the boards come blank, with literally nothing on them. This makes me question why they must be be bought through KM for such a high price, but that's a story for another time. Firmware installed, typical reboot process, then error code, then recover data.

One unfortunate lesson learned here. Even when booting into just diagnostic mode, the system must still do some data verification checks and updates. Once the dead machine was back up and running, despite having it's original EEPROMs, the machine had inherited the serial number and meters from our good C308. Nothing had changed with the good C308, so I can only assume that the data stored on the good C308's eMMC board was pushed into some other storage area on the dead machine's MFPB. I conclude this because the EEPROMS from the dead machine were never installed at the same time as the good C308's eMMC board, so there was no way for the dead C308's EEPROMS to have been cross-contaminated with data from the good C308's eMMC board.

The serial number was updated to what it was supposed to be, but the meters are what the meters are, no way to change those. Live and learn I guess, and maybe this will help someone else out in the future.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for all the details femaster. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Thanks for all the details femaster. =^..^=
    Yes very interesting thanks for this femaster.

P.S.
    I bet based on quality and appearance of your posts your guys like you, respect brother.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Yes very interesting thanks for this femaster.

P.S.
    I bet based on quality and appearance of your posts your guys like you, respect brother.
    Thank you for the compliments, it's nice to read.

Since I'm pretty much the tech support for the whole company, they really don't have much choice in the matter... ;-) But seriously, as far as I know everyone gets along with me just fine. Then again, if they didn't I'd probably be the last to know about it. Not too many want to confront their boss directly. For the most part, things run pretty smoothly, and I'm thankful for that. It not only makes their jobs easier, it makes mine easier as well.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Just to update, after a lot of time in contact with KM's support center, they finally agreed with me that the eMMC board was the problem in this machine. They added a notation to the support request which allowed me to proceed with the order. The eMMC board has to be ordered through KM's warranty page, and can't be ordered directly through the regular parts/supplies ordering interface. You are also required to have an open call with the support center, as you have to enter the support request number into the form when requesting the part.

Our office has learned a few things through the process of troubleshooting this machine. Just to refresh memories, we had done a lot of parts swapping between the non-booting C308, and a working C308 we had in the office to try and narrow down the bad part. During this process things like eMMc boards and EEPROMS were swapped back and forth between the 2 machines. Neither machine was ever actually booted into the standard copier screens while the parts from the other were installed. All that was ever done was to boot into diagnostic mode (by holding down the power button), since we couldn't even do that on the dead machine. This was done in the hopes that data on the different eMMC and EEPROM chips wouldn't be cross-contaminated with information from the other machine.

In the end, it was determined that the eMMC board was the issue. The board was ordered and installed. Board replacement requires the firmware to be installed immediately after installation. Support confirmed that the boards come blank, with literally nothing on them. This makes me question why they must be be bought through KM for such a high price, but that's a story for another time. Firmware installed, typical reboot process, then error code, then recover data.

One unfortunate lesson learned here. Even when booting into just diagnostic mode, the system must still do some data verification checks and updates. Once the dead machine was back up and running, despite having it's original EEPROMs, the machine had inherited the serial number and meters from our good C308. Nothing had changed with the good C308, so I can only assume that the data stored on the good C308's eMMC board was pushed into some other storage area on the dead machine's MFPB. I conclude this because the EEPROMS from the dead machine were never installed at the same time as the good C308's eMMC board, so there was no way for the dead C308's EEPROMS to have been cross-contaminated with data from the good C308's eMMC board.

The serial number was updated to what it was supposed to be, but the meters are what the meters are, no way to change those. Live and learn I guess, and maybe this will help someone else out in the future.

Amazing. Being an independent with no access to Konica Minolta support. I'll have to replace the machine if this ever occurs.
    Good information. Thanks