Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Re: Scan to email bizhub224e

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    TeamViewer/AnyDesk are environmental friendly
    Yes would normally do that but customer also needs a adf pickup & sep roller

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    Yes would normally do that but customer also needs a adf pickup & sep roller
    Then go for it. Easy peasy.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts larweedad's Avatar

I have a costumer that has a 363. They got gmail working again also using the app password.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Was told by Konica that the 4 & 4e series is no longer able to scan to gmail so that eliminates the apps password unless I'm being told incorrectly? This customer is very small (and cheap) and does not have there own domain email provider as they use gmail for everything.

I’ve never had a problem with any of my 4 or 4e series using Gmail as long as the app password thing is setup properly. Had to reset the gmail password on occasion and recreate the app password but nothing more.

I use smtp.gmail.com and tls on 587 and it works on just about everything.

A.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Now that can be a problem..the older machines up to the 4 (non-e) do not support TLS 1.2. I would expect failures using this config. The older TLS versions are also affecting use of the web browser.. Older SSL versions killing the PSWC. E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Now that can be a problem..the older machines up to the 4 (non-e) do not support TLS 1.2. I would expect failures using this config. The older TLS versions are also affecting use of the web browser.. Older SSL versions killing the PSWC. E
    Well no issues on upgrading the 4e machine. Don't know why Konica support would tell me nothing below thge 8 series would work on google 2fa.

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Scan to email bizhub224e

This customer was using gmail up until the 2 step authentication came into play and FW no longer allows this. Customer would prefer to continue to scan to email rather than a smb folder. Is there a free or low cost service that will still allow scan to email on older machines? I did see some of the threads mention smtp2go?
    Hello
    Good day
    I tell you that is the information that Google gave, that is why that server can no longer be used because the less secure apps were automatically disabled.
    The other option is that you have your own mail server, and the truth is that it is not expensive. Another option would be to hang from some other server, be it outlook, yahoo or another that is free.

Starting May 30, 2022, Google will no longer allow third-party apps or devices that require you to access your Google Account using only your username and password to protect your account.

Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The application date for these clients will be announced later on the Workspace blog.

Luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

i have a customer with a C454e that randomly stopped working the other day. Used the below procedure and got it working!

https://kmbscore.service-now.com/kb?...cc4bcbfd&spa=1