Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

FNS534SD - FNS536

I have an FNS534SD, and an FNS536 - my dilemma is I want an FNS536SD, I reckon (in theory) if I swap the boards over, it should work - what's the consensus
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FNS534SD - FNS536

Re: FNS534SD - FNS536

Mechanically they're mostly identical. I'll be interested in hearing the responses.

I would think that boards + firmware should do it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Mechanically they're mostly identical. I'll be interested in hearing the responses.

I would think that boards + firmware should do it. =^..^=
    That's what I thought, as I've got a C458 that for some reason, has an FS534 working on it, but an FS536 doesn't - I just have to remember to disconnect the finisher when I update the FW
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FNS534SD - FNS536

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    That's what I thought, as I've got a C458 that for some reason, has an FS534 working on it, but an FS536 doesn't - I just have to remember to disconnect the finisher when I update the FW
    Oh please report back, I'd also be interested on the opposite; a 534 board on a 536 as a temporary fix for board failures on accounts that absolutely need a finisher.
    Even if it works it'll be limited, like the faster 8e's can't have a 534 for some reason whereas the 8s can, but this is an interesting test

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    I have an FNS534SD, and an FNS536 - my dilemma is I want an FNS536SD, I reckon (in theory) if I swap the boards over, it should work - what's the consensus
    If would rathet swap whole finisher and see if it works.
    They are pretty much the same.
    Regarding 8 series; C658 series, 658series & 368 series are using FS536(SD) and C368 series are using FS534(SD).
    All of them can also use FS-533.

Didn't have a chance to test the FSs but it should work.
    DF-624 (4series) can be swapped with DF-629 (8series).

P.S. Just unplug it when updating the FW when connected to non-appropriate machine.

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    If would rathet swap whole finisher and see if it works.
    They are pretty much the same.
    Regarding 8 series; C658 series, 658series & 368 series are using FS536(SD) and C368 series are using FS534(SD).
    All of them can also use FS-533.

Didn't have a chance to test the FSs but it should work.
    DF-624 (4series) can be swapped with DF-629 (8series).

P.S. Just unplug it when updating the FW when connected to non-appropriate machine.
    if it had worked - I wouldn't be trying to convert it

It's actually really easy - now I've done one, it would normally take about 30 mins to convert. There are a few differences, on the PCB, J9 on the 536 is bigger, mainly due to having different motors for raising the tray up and down, so you have to move across the wiring loom, that connects to the 3 motors that transports the paper, you also have to change the whole assy, that lifts the tray up and down, which is primarily a motor and 2 gears, if you look at page 8 in the parts manuals, it's item 22 mounting plate, everything you need to swap is attached to that, so literally 4 screws to swap it, 5 minutes. I'd advise refitting the connector to PS13 for the right alignment plate, before fitting item 22, I tried to fit it afterwards, it wasn't in properly, I got a C1140 error.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FNS534SD - FNS536

Congratulations on your success. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

One thing to watch for. We had to use I believe a 536 in place of a 539 one time because of the equipment shortages.
    Everything worked great until they installed the print driver(this was done by customers I.T. , not us) If the finisher is not the exact compatible one for the machine, it may not auto install it on a Windows driver install with the KM driver. As long as you go in and manually install the finisher, it will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR View Post
    One thing to watch for. We had to use I believe a 536 in place of a 539 one time because of the equipment shortages.
    Everything worked great until they installed the print driver(this was done by customers I.T. , not us) If the finisher is not the exact compatible one for the machine, it may not auto install it on a Windows driver install with the KM driver. As long as you go in and manually install the finisher, it will work fine.
    it's got the correct PCB for the 536, so, hopefully FW shouldn't be a problem