Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: BH-C-284e, Scan>SMB

This post from mincopier helped me quite a few times:
    trouble with c224e smbing to windows 10 pro
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    BH-C-284e, Scan>SMB

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This post from mincopier helped me quite a few times:
    trouble with c224e smbing to windows 10 pro

u got the file he shared? Link is expired

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There are as many guides as there are OS's, and variations of those as well..All anyone can offer is a basic template (which is available via the online user manuals), and there are 100 different factors blocking your efforts..All you get is a server connection or login failure..Today you are faced with DFS, VPNs, wireless/wired combos, security features, and many other customer side issues along with firmware and function version updates on the machine side....In many situations I have simply given up..nor do I want to be responsible for making security policy changes, adding programs, creating service accounts..ect ect..In a few cases I was forced to just enable usb save and say "until your IT can figure this out, here you go:. Just because the old machine worked, doesn't mean the new one will as well. E

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    There are as many guides as there are OS's, and variations of those as well..All anyone can offer is a basic template (which is available via the online user manuals), and there are 100 different factors blocking your efforts..All you get is a server connection or login failure..Today you are faced with DFS, VPNs, wireless/wired combos, security features, and many other customer side issues along with firmware and function version updates on the machine side....In many situations I have simply given up..nor do I want to be responsible for making security policy changes, adding programs, creating service accounts..ect ect..In a few cases I was forced to just enable usb save and say "until your IT can figure this out, here you go:. Just because the old machine worked, doesn't mean the new one will as well. E
    I have a serious dislike for SMB. Ever used webdav?
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    u got the file he shared? Link is expired
    Sorry to be late...too much work. I think mincopier updated link in another thread.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    BH-C-284e, Scan>SMB

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    Ok and where is the generated password stored? I see that you are from Germany too and we (in the IT department) are required by law to document any User Accounts with full User Credentials.
    Also, the setting "Password does not expire" does not apply if you use a GPO (Group Policy) on a Domain Controller in the Network. Quite usual setup for larger companies.
    And no, i meant that most People use a Antivirus like BitDefender or Kaspersky that replaces windows build in firewall.

And for the User Directory thing, please refer to this link: batch file - Windows: user without home directory - Stack Overflow and look for the second part of MC ND answer
    Password is in same way stored, than you make it without software. What's the problem with documentation scan user? Software prints it for one touch keys. Maybe you have to add anything?
    Software is not only for domain networks.

If you logon as scan user it creates a profile and a directory structure, but not if you scan during default user is logon.