Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question 2th broken transfer belt

Hi,

anyone had similar problem like me?
    I have 2 broken transfer belts with maximum 10k copies…

it is an C6500 machine

I didn’t had this problem before…
    I changed reseller when I buyed this one’s,
    also changed cleaning assembly with the first transfer belt and only cleaning blade at second one..

something it’s weird also first time half of cleaning blade was flipped

I attached some pictures to see how it look like…

should I change whole transfer belt assembly or can be not oem transfer belt (or bad quality)

Thanks!
    Stefan
    Last edited by zmeutz; 08-07-2022 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Printer model

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    2th broken transfer belt

Re: 2th broken transfer belt

I'd remove the torn belt, rotate each of the rollers and where it engages the drums to see if there is any defects that could cause a tear.
    Does it tear in the same way each time?
    The flipped cleaning blade could be from a low quality aftermarket not holding itself in the correct position, and that could also be what's causing the tear.
    What machine is this for?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    I'd remove the torn belt, rotate each of the rollers and where it engages the drums to see if there is any defects that could cause a tear.
    Does it tear in the same way each time?
    The flipped cleaning blade could be from a low quality aftermarket not holding itself in the correct position, and that could also be what's causing the tear.
    What machine is this for?
    sorry,
    I forgot to specify, it’s C6500

I will edit post

first time was broken the same, on the right…
    all of the transfer belt it’s inside the cleaning assy, seems to be stuck there….

I double checked rollers where transfer belt stays and doesn’t seems to be broken or to have something …

I think or transfer belt it’s poor quality or cleaning assy isn’t good

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    2th broken transfer belt

It looks to me like the primary transfer cleaner is not aligning properly with the belt frame. Other than that, I can't tell much from the photos.

Take a look at the belt frame assembly. Make sure that the belt is tensioning evenly at the front and back. I've seen those tensioning cables become detached. I think I probably could have figured out how to re-route the cables, but it was a billable customer that was anxious to run a specific job (time was of the essence), and they had a used belt assembly that I could swap a new belt onto.

Make sure all of the rollers turn freely and that the belt doesn't dog-track. Also check that the cleaner assembly is keyed in at the bottom.

I don't know if the C6500 has it, but on later models (C1060) Konica added a function to prime the transfer cleaning blade more frequently. It was intended for users that print long runs of low density fill (like text), often black only, to perform calibration more frequently. You may also experience deterioration of one or more of the color developers during there long runs of low fill black. From what I can tell these settings do not exist on your model (added only later on the C1060):

bizhub PRESS C1060:
    1) Change corona unit. 2) Replace developer if depleted. 3) Update firmware to at least G00-17. 4) DIPSW 46-4 to 1 (dev mixing speed). DIPSW 44-5 to 1, 44-6 to 0 (enables periodic toner banding/ refreshing). 5) DIPSW 49-6 to 1, 49-7 to 0 (enables periodic toner banding/ refreshing). 6) DIPSW 59-7 to 1 (to prevent 2nd transfer roller contamination from toner banding).

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    2th broken transfer belt

Not familiar with that model but on the BizHubs I work on I use yellow toner to prime the trans belt cleaning blade. When I use setting powder or black toner I've had blades stick or flip tearing the belt, etc! Not sure if this will help you but figured would throw it out there and if not maybe help someone else.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I hope you dont break a 3th one...lol

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I hope you dont break a 3th one...lol
    Or even the 4de one.
    Whatever

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    2th broken transfer belt

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Not familiar with that model but on the BizHubs I work on I use yellow toner to prime the trans belt cleaning blade. When I use setting powder or black toner I've had blades stick or flip tearing the belt, etc! Not sure if this will help you but figured would throw it out there and if not maybe help someone else.
    I forgot to ask if anyone knows why Kon/Min specifically uses yellow toner on their blades, transfer belts, drums, etc? I thought all the toner was same chemical make-up? After seeing yellow used on new consumables I started using it as I mentioned in OP and worked great!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    2th broken transfer belt

I forgot to ask if anyone knows why Kon/Min specifically uses yellow toner on their blades, transfer belts, drums, etc? I thought all the toner was same chemical make-up? After seeing yellow used on new consumables I started using it as I mentioned in OP and worked great!
    I always assumed its either
    1) defects appear less on paper if its a slight scratch on the drum or belt if its using Y toner, or
    2) if it takes a while for a C/M drum to fully lubricate itself with their respective toner, a little Y mixed in until then wont be noticed

Technician

Most toner has developer (or carrier) in it, this can scratch and damage the parts you want to protect. You can extract the developer out of the toner using magnets but it takes a long time and you might not get it all out. Setting toner is yellow toner without developer. Yellow is used because if you get a small amount of pure yellow come out on a print you won't really notice it.