Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Is it possible to adjust how firmly a door closes on an 8 series machine?

What’s the jam code and where does the paper actually stop?
    Also what’s the print count?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Is it possible to adjust how firmly a door closes on an 8 series machine?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    There is a bulletin for using the washers. See attached
    I don't believe this was a official bulletin, nor was one ever released, but there might as well be. Its worked so well as a quick and permanent fix all the way up to the 658s, although the "correct" solution is replacing the gray conveyance roller with the updated ribbed version and replacing the springs behind the white idle rollers. There's a bulletin for the latter

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    I don't believe this was a official bulletin, nor was one ever released, but there might as well be. Its worked so well as a quick and permanent fix all the way up to the 658s, although the "correct" solution is replacing the gray conveyance roller with the updated ribbed version and replacing the springs behind the white idle rollers. There's a bulletin for the latter
    The "bulletin" I attached in prior email was copied from Kon/Min dealer website. Perhaps it doesn't have a bulletin # but is definitely a "solution" directly from Kon/Min.

The bulletin with springs you refer to is attached to this email.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    i used to carry CD cases to break off plastic to either shim or use as crack repair reinforcement "plastic solder"

I use the cover from the back that covers the PC connector for that. Cut squares an glue them on the inside of the machine side catches works like a charm for those 2002 and 9901...
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Have had this issue countless times and its always been remedied by following the steps in the bulletin above, just get some washers stick them on with either glue or tape and then put it back together.

It will put more pressure on the rollers, meaning it wont jam anymore.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for all the solid tips on this issue. I tried the washer method and it didn't work. Adjusting the hinges and then shimming the latch points did the trick.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonSBE View Post
    Thanks for all the solid tips on this issue. I tried the washer method and it didn't work. Adjusting the hinges and then shimming the latch points did the trick.
    Thanks for the follow up.

Actually the washer fix may be for the "4" series only. I only posted the bulletin with the washers because someone mentioned it.