Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Is it possible to adjust how firmly a door closes on an 8 series machine?

I've got a Bizhub C658 that jams in the second cassette on every page. It's not registering that the paper is picked up. If I press the door closed firmly, it prints without issue. I've changed the sensor at the take up section, but it did not fix the issue. I know there are adjustment lines for leveling the door, but I wasn't sure if there was any adjustment for how tight the door holds shut. This was a machine we got pre-owned and it looks like it had a large capacity cassette on the side of the machine before we purchased it(sticker below the bypass is removed and some of the cutouts on the bottom cassette support this hypothesis), and as best as I can tell having that mounted to the side must have warped the door a little bit to the point that now it can't print from tray 2.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Re: Is it possible to adjust how firmly a door closes on an 8 series machine?

I regularly superglued plastic shims to the latch. Not on the door but where it latches near the frame. I'd cut rectangles from old covers. They were about the perfect thickness.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    I regularly superglued plastic shims to the latch. Not on the door but where it latches near the frame. I'd cut rectangles from old covers. They were about the perfect thickness.
    i used to carry CD cases to break off plastic to either shim or use as crack repair reinforcement "plastic solder"
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you, I'm going to try that tomorrow

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Will this work on the "4" series as well? Can someone post a pic of exactly where to glue the shims?

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kind of similar, I always put washers behind the plastic piece on the door that houses the idle rollers. Would always solve my T2 jams without changing how the door itself latches

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Will this work on the "4" series as well? Can someone post a pic of exactly where to glue the shims?

Thanks
    We put clear (snipped off) guides on part (6) - A161160403Cover

Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 10-30-32 A4FJ - C454-PM.pdf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    Kind of similar, I always put washers behind the plastic piece on the door that houses the idle rollers. Would always solve my T2 jams without changing how the door itself latches
    There is a bulletin for using the washers. See attached

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Are you saying the front door is causing the jams??I would have guessed from your description that you are referring to the side door..In every case where we have had to take one of these off, re aligning them to shut correctly was a bear. Either jams or skew..E

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Are you saying the front door is causing the jams??I would have guessed from your description that you are referring to the side door..In every case where we have had to take one of these off, re aligning them to shut correctly was a bear. Either jams or skew..E
    These posts all pertain to the right side door that you would open to remove trans belt, fuser unit, paper feed unit, etc.