Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Blurry Barcodes on Plastic

Re: Blurry Barcodes on Plastic

Are you out there, mojorolla? Is there a way of separately increasing 2nd transfer, like it does with the media setting? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Are you out there, mojorolla? Is there a way of separately increasing 2nd transfer, like it does with the media setting? =^..^=
    you are asking for trouble if you increase just 2nd xfer, the latent image is used as lube for belt cleaning blade.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnhain View Post
    First off... maybe calling it Blurry is inaccurate, more like faded... I guess a faded barcode looks blurry *shrug*
    So, for the most part, the 4&8 series are working well so long as we use heavy 1 paper type.

So, I'm attaching an image to show what's going on with this 364e. Not an image of the barcodes (HIPAA), but did a copy of a meter page on the arm band media.
    The top is what comes out of a 364e normally (different machine), the bottom is what I'm getting out of this new 364e. Both devices have the exact same settings as far as I can tell.
    To be clear, not all 4&8 series are having this issue, but enough ARE that it's a concern.

I'm honestly wondering if there was a bad developer or toner batch that might be causing this.Attachment 54587

looking at the image i see what was at one time referred to as ac blowout in the plastic area. how to combat it in these series? no clue, (you may try setting to a lighter stock) but you say some units of the same series do not have this problem? I would go back to basics in this case. do a full print quality adjustment series on one that's having the issue.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I don't have documentation handy but second transfer can be manipulated in service mode. Another question is should it be increased and by how much.
    I think you reached for dealer with great reputation but was answered from direct with great reputation
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

I would have thought if you are upping the fuser temperature as a matter of course you should decrease the toner density to avoid blurring, as this will allow the higher temperature to be maintained more consistently across the print.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Madnhain's Avatar

+10 Points for L0rdC!
    Quote Originally Posted by L0rdC View Post
    it seems to be a secondary transfer problem
    Alright guys, sorry for the delay... It's update time.

2nd xfer was the culprit. This is a very low click device and I've never had issues with the transfer rollers on these, So I immediately ruled it out as a possibility because these never go bad (for me anyway).

I swapped the transfer roller out for a new one and the problem was resolved. Thank you all for your input!
    This stupid thing is in a secure part of the facility (psych ward) and is a pain in the butt to get to and I had to make FAR too many trips in there to troubleshoot this thing... all for a stupid transfer roller.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Blurry Barcodes on Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by Madnhain View Post
    +10 Points for L0rdC!

Alright guys, sorry for the delay... It's update time.

2nd xfer was the culprit. This is a very low click device and I've never had issues with the transfer rollers on these, So I immediately ruled it out as a possibility because these never go bad (for me anyway).

I swapped the transfer roller out for a new one and the problem was resolved. Thank you all for your input!
    This stupid thing is in a secure part of the facility (psych ward) and is a pain in the butt to get to and I had to make FAR too many trips in there to troubleshoot this thing... all for a stupid transfer roller.
    Thanks for taking the time to update!

If this went on much longer you may of ended up a permanent "psych ward" resident