Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to open

Hello, today I want to clean pick-up rollers in tray 1 and tray 2. The trays I pulled with force out (at first I pulled out left side, than right side - I make cross pulling :-( ). And after that when I gave the trays back (with not cross giving back, but regullary straight left and right side in the same time), the trays 3/4 length of pushing goes good, but 1/4 lenght of pushing do not goes good. But the trays can be closed. And the printer normally printing. But when I want to open the trays I need a lot of power to open it!!!
    Help please what is wrong? Have somebody this problem?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to

Quote Originally Posted by spree View Post
    Hello, today I want to clean pick-up rollers in tray 1 and tray 2. The trays I pulled with force out (at first I pulled out left side, than right side - I make cross pulling :-( ). And after that when I gave the trays back (with not cross giving back, but regullary straight left and right side in the same time), the trays 3/4 length of pushing goes good, but 1/4 lenght of pushing do not goes good. But the trays can be closed. And the printer normally printing. But when I want to open the trays I need a lot of power to open it!!!
    Help please what is wrong? Have somebody this problem?
    Did you push a little green tab(locking mechanism) on cassette left side. 4 series has plastic with screw there but in 8 KM changed this to more user friendly to help with removing paper jammed behind tray. But yeah sometimes they're not coming out easy.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Did you push a little green tab(locking mechanism) on cassette left side. 4 series has plastic with screw there but in 8 KM changed this to more user friendly to help with removing paper jammed behind tray. But yeah sometimes they're not coming out easy.
    Yes I push little green tabs, but the trays do not want to come out, only left side come out as first and it came out with some force.
    But now the problem is with opening the trays: when the trays are absolutly closed and you want to open it (for adding paper to them), you must pull it very hard to open it. Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spree View Post
    Yes I push little green tabs, but the trays do not want to come out, only left side come out as first and it came out with some force.
    But now the problem is with opening the trays: when the trays are absolutly closed and you want to open it (for adding paper to them), you must pull it very hard to open it. Do you have any idea what can be wrong?
    look at the white locking rods. they get worn. also check frame where they rub for burring.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    look at the white locking rods. they get worn. also check frame where they rub for burring.
    OK, I will check that tommorow. I pray it will be not damaged so much, or it will be not destroyed...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to open

I've seen where tray is really hard to open on the 4 series but not the 8 series... yet. It helps to put some light grease on the white piece that retracts when you pull on tray handle. Also have messed with the handle spring to get tray to open easier. Take tray out and look on underside where spring and white piece are.

No worries, nothing should be broken. Those tray are very durable

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I tried to pull it out, but the handle broke . I dismatle all around (pick-up assembly out, ...), but the tray do not want to come out
    Next week I will go there with my colleague and try to pull it out.

1662548039172.jpg1662548039188.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I've seen where tray is really hard to open on the 4 series but not the 8 series... yet. It helps to put some light grease on the white piece that retracts when you pull on tray handle. Also have messed with the handle spring to get tray to open easier. Take tray out and look on underside where spring and white piece are.

No worries, nothing should be broken. Those tray are very durable

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Its possible that your customer didn't have the rear guide up against the paper and the paper is in the left side of the tray. This would cause the machine to lift to max and force the paper up against the bottom of machine. you might be able to pull the tray lift motor off the rear of machine and release the pressure. Good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes, customer has the paper at the left side of the paper tray! I will try it with the tray lift motor, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Markks View Post
    Its possible that your customer didn't have the rear guide up against the paper and the paper is in the left side of the tray. This would cause the machine to lift to max and force the paper up against the bottom of machine. you might be able to pull the tray lift motor off the rear of machine and release the pressure. Good luck

Next time just push the tray in with one hand on the tray body somewhere and use the other hand on the handle to release the tray. Works every time.
    On the older 4 series machines I instruct the customers to open the trays using that method. Its a design issue on these machine that came from the 4 series.

Never seen one ripped off before. This could be something else like mentioned. Like the lift sensor not working ok.
    Did this happen after feed wheel installation? Not supposed to be possible to press the paper up against the feed unit if the sensor is working, even if there was paper on the left side.

I would start by making sure the white pins are retracted. If there are still engaged it could be lots of fun. All there years and I never had the fortune to encounter this. On the LCT's and production machines sure but not this type of drawer. Broke it right off huh?
    Last edited by allan; 09-11-2022 at 09:40 AM.
    Whatever