Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Next time just push the tray in with one hand on the tray body somewhere and use the other hand on the handle to release the tray. Works every time.
    On the older 4 series machines I instruct the customers to open the trays using that method. Its a design issue on these machine that came from the 4 series.

Never seen one ripped off before. This could be something else like mentioned. Like the lift sensor not working ok.
    Did this happen after feed wheel installation? Not supposed to be possible to press the paper up against the feed unit if the sensor is working, even if there was paper on the left side.

I would start by making sure the white pins are retracted. If there are still engaged it could be lots of fun. All there years and I never had the fortune to encounter this. On the LCT's and production machines sure but not this type of drawer. Broke it right of huh?
    I pulled out whole trays (I gave the trays away from the machine). But it did not want to go out at the left and right side together. Than I tried to pull out left side first, then right side (it goes with power). Than I cleaned pick-up rollers and put the trays back and this happened the trays did not want to open, only with force. Tray No. 2 I opened, but tray No. 1 did not want to open (than I broke the handle, because I used a lot of power). Than I dismount all around and the tray still do not want to go out.

Re: Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to

Quote Originally Posted by spree View Post
    I pulled out whole trays (I gave the trays away from the machine). But it did not want to go out at the left and right side together. Than I tried to pull out left side first, then right side (it goes with power). Than I cleaned pick-up rollers and put the trays back and this happened the trays did not want to open, only with force. Tray No. 2 I opened, but tray No. 1 did not want to open (than I broke the handle, because I used a lot of power). Than I dismount all around and the tray still do not want to go out.
    I think you could have knocked out the sensor controlling the stack height. Or the latch pins in front is just stuck. Guess you will need to go in from the right hand side of the machine. Remove all the bottom covers and then see what happens it you loosen the paper feed section.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to open

Have you gotten that tray out yet? There was a model ... I can't remember which ... it was necessary to remove the lift motor to allow the lift plate to drop. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Have you gotten that tray out yet? There was a model ... I can't remember which ... it was necessary to remove the lift motor to allow the lift plate to drop. =^..^=
    Only tray 2 is out. Tray 1 is still stucked.
    But lift motor is accessible from the front side (and there is stucked tray no. 1).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I think you could have knocked out the sensor controlling the stack height. Or the latch pins in front is just stuck. Guess you will need to go in from the right hand side of the machine. Remove all the bottom covers and then see what happens it you loosen the paper feed section.
    I dismounted out from the right side whole pick-up assembly, take out the paper from tray no. 1 and nothing happened - still stucked. Next week I will go there with my friend and try to pull it out...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

All is done, the tray no. 1 was stucked at the right rear side - the metal hook made problems. We disassembly rear side of the machine, lift the metal hook from the rear side of the machine, pull out the tray no. 1 and cut off the metal hook. The same we made with tray No. 2. The handle was unmonted from the older machine and all is working. Thank you for your help.
    IMG_20220922_170356.jpgIMG_20220922_170516.jpgIMG_20220922_170406.jpg

All is done, the tray no. 1 was stucked at the right rear side - the metal hook made problems. We disassembly rear side of the machine, lift the metal hook from the rear side of the machine, pull out the tray no. 1 and cut off the metal hook. The same we made with tray No. 2. The handle was unmonted from the older machine and all is working. Thank you for your help.

Well thanks for letting us know. Never thought that that would have been possible. Tarzan got frustrated or something, who knows could have been a Karen suffering some PMS. Then there is the possibility that zero concern was given about the tray locks...

That is 1.6mm sheet metal with no leverage on such a small tab. a Lot of force required to do that.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Wow! Thanks for following up and pictures.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.