Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Re: make c454 always print 2 copies

Are you forced to use the V4 driver?
    In the V3 drivers there is a setting called "carbon copy" that might solve your problem.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    Are you forced to use the V4 driver?
    In the V3 drivers there is a setting called "carbon copy" that might solve your problem.

Yes that was the problem, had to use V4 driver on print manager reinstalled the printer on RDS server and shared it with regular driver works fine now, its the V4 driver that blocks the settings several copies.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cube10025@gmail.com View Post
    Yes that was the problem, had to use V4 driver on print manager reinstalled the printer on RDS server and shared it with regular driver works fine now, its the V4 driver that blocks the settings several copies.
    I can't say that I am the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the print drivers, but does the V4 driver not have the Carbon Copy option? I only ask as the V5 driver we are using with our in-house C654e machine still lists the Carbon Copy option under the "Cover Mode" tab in the print driver. I've never used that function, so I can't offer any advice about it.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I can't say that I am the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the print drivers, but does the V4 driver not have the Carbon Copy option? I only ask as the V5 driver we are using with our in-house C654e machine still lists the Carbon Copy option under the "Cover Mode" tab in the print driver. I've never used that function, so I can't offer any advice about it.
    I did not see Cover mode, there are several settings missing in V4 driver. I was able to turn off the duplex but number of copies did not carry to the client.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

What about the V3 driver as suggested by B0265 - sounded lika a good hint to me...It wouldn't be the first feature that got lost with a new driver generation.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    What about the V3 driver as suggested by B0265 - sounded lika a good hint to me...It wouldn't be the first feature that got lost with a new driver generation.
    Would be great but V3 driver when used in print manager clients needs admin rights to install.

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    V3/V4 in this case refers to the Microsoft printer driver model, not the actual driver version.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cube10025@gmail.com View Post
    Would be great but V3 driver when used in print manager clients needs admin rights to install.
    What's the problem? Did the customer forget his credentials?

If I were you I'd check out that driver on your notebook and see if it would accomplish all demands - if you're shure it does you can tell the customer this is your suggestion.
    If they can't install it -> not your problem any more, you already did a lot of "good will" work they should be thankful ybout.

I think the problem he has is caused by the Microsoft updates to adress the "Print Nightmare" security vulnerability.
    KB5005652—Manage new Point and Print default driver installation behavior (CVE-2021-34481)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    V3/V4 in this case refers to the Microsoft printer driver model, not the actual driver version.
    Ah, thank you for the clarification on that! I was in fact referring to the driver version. Learned something new today.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...