Toner TN-324 Konica C258

Hi friends, the genuine toner for C258 it's very hard to find in this moment, so rare, i'm forced to use compatible toners, what your opinion for TN324 Katun and Ikon? What is better?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Toner TN-324 Konica C258

I am using TN221 OEM instead, just replace bottle head and reset indicator with dipsw.
    Heard about problems with katun, toner sometime caked inside bottle or machine and make damage to toner hopper or developing unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

TBH, we've never had a problem with Katun toners, been using them for years - won't use their drums though - seem to cause problems
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

For now I have been using katun toner for 224/308 / 308e monochrome printers for about 6 months and for now no problem.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

old 4 & e series toners work absolutely fine in all 8 series after swapping the cap and resetting the level using appropriate engine dipsw.

4 & e referenced are C224 - C554e, 8's referenced are C258 to C658.

C258-C368 & C458 - C658 genuine toners are interchangeable with fin snipping too - no reset required either they will reset in either machine. Been doing it for years.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toner TN-324 Konica C258

I've never had experience with the Katun/Konica Minolta toner, but after using their Toshiba for years, I realized that it was DESTROYING my machines... Unfortunately, it was the last thing I looked at, because of Katun's "we test everything in a lab" rhetoric... fell for that hook, line and sinker. And Katun tried to put the blame back on ME, of all things, and wouldn't warrant the toner or the damage it caused. Never went back to them after that. Its one thing to sell a defective product, but entirely another to try to turn it back on the "technician installing it".

They still call me and still can't figure out why I would never use them again....(??)
    I'll pay (and have paid) 3x the price for the OEM, but not going back to generic, if I can avoid it.

And I've used the other model toners as well, as another poster said and it worked for me also.
    OC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Toner TN-324 Konica C258

Change caps and or snip fins. Thats what we have been doing

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Toner TN-324 Konica C258

Quote Originally Posted by g0ldzer4 View Post
    Hi friends, the genuine toner for C258 it's very hard to find in this moment, so rare, i'm forced to use compatible toners, what your opinion for TN324 Katun and Ikon? What is better?
    I've had great results with Katun. It may cost a little more than other compatibles but worth the few extra dollars.

Warning: I have bought bad "no name" toners from Amazon, etc. Issues with print rubbing off, repeat image and other quality issues.

I also have resorted to changing end caps, cutting fins from other OEM toners. This is the best option.
    If toner has chip they sell aftermarket to use so machine will show full on toner gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Tive ótimos resultados com a Katun. Pode custar um pouco mais do que outros compatíveis, mas vale alguns dólares extras.

Aviso: comprei toners ruins "sem nome" da Amazon, etc. Problemas com impressão apagada, imagem repetida e outros problemas de qualidade.

Também recorri à troca de tampas de extremidade, cortando aletas de outros toners OEM. Essa é a melhor opção.
    Se o toner tiver chip, eles vendem no mercado de reposição para usar, então a máquina mostrará cheio nos medidores de toner.
    Oi amigo, quais toners OEM você usa? Que toners de outros modelos Konica posso usar na troca de tampas de extremidade no meu c258 e c368? Toner de c224 está bem?