Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you all

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thank you all

Thank you all

As someone who almost exclusively works on Konica Minolta and KIPs, I felt it most fitting to post this here.

I am "retiring" from the industry. I've only worked in it for a few years, but the knowledge from those on this forum helped me become the best technician I possibly could that quickly, and I hope I did a good job helping here in return. Ultimately, this industry does not appear to be the best career path for me, especially given I came in so young at 23; I cannot imagine making it to retirement with this job, even with the production knowledge I picked up along the way. Coming from a KM Dealer, I will be losing most of my official resources, but I offered to continue working in some capacity on the side on odd jobs that take too much time away from those at the company, so if they take me up on that offer I will likely continue to stalk and contribute to this forum.

Thank you all, I couldn't do this without you and I wish you all the best.

T Mo Mac Daddy Mo Money Mo

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Thank you all

Re: Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post
    As someone who almost exclusively works on Konica Minolta and KIPs, I felt it most fitting to post this here.

I am "retiring" from the industry. I've only worked in it for a few years, but the knowledge from those on this forum helped me become the best technician I possibly could that quickly, and I hope I did a good job helping here in return. Ultimately, this industry does not appear to be the best career path for me, especially given I came in so young at 23; I cannot imagine making it to retirement with this job, even with the production knowledge I picked up along the way. Coming from a KM Dealer, I will be losing most of my official resources, but I offered to continue working in some capacity on the side on odd jobs that take too much time away from those at the company, so if they take me up on that offer I will likely continue to stalk and contribute to this forum.

It's good you found out while still young. A career change can be a good thing. I'm a few years away from retirement after 40+ yrs in the copier business and it has changed a lot over those years. It's a good time to get out of this business.

Wishing you the best.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    It's good you found out while still young. A career change can be a good thing. I'm a few years away from retirement after 40+ yrs in the copier business and it has changed a lot over those years. It's a good time to get out of this business.

Wishing you the best.
    I was told by a tech when I first got in this business that once you get it, you'll never leave. He was half joking. I got out for about 20 years but here I am back in again.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Best of luck with your future endeavours.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I was told by a tech when I first got in this business that once you get it, you'll never leave. He was half joking. I got out for about 20 years but here I am back in again.
    I just wanted to say the same thing but Billy beat me to it. Man if you can find something that leads somewhere else go for if. If your not the boss the amount of commitment we so freely put into it goes unrewarded so often. Its an easy fall back job and good guys are always needed so you got that.

Please let us know where this leads you. Time goes past so fast better do something worth it.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Thank you all

I successfully escaped ... for 3 months. I had the crazy idea that I could become a financial advisor. I passed the licensing exams with no problem. I understood the products, no problem. It was the sales aspect of it that confounded me. It's challenging to sell something that noone can see or touch for 20 to 25 years. At the end of three months I had earned a commission of ~$7. Then I hired on at a Sharp dealer. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Best of luck you will succeed I know.
    And come back from time to time you are welcome
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Thank you all

Best of luck to you TMM... Good that you found a different career path and escaped early! I happen to still enjoy what I do, even after 40+ years... Owned my own company for the last 29 of those years, but it certainly didn't make me rich.
    OC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by tmmdmmm View Post

At 28 years old and with 6 years of experience in this sector, I find myself in the same situation as you, I don't see myself until I retire in this job, I hope to finish my studies at the beginning of 2024 and be able to start my new professional course on the same desire that I started in the world of printers.

good luck in your change mate

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you will not get rich doing this, you will beat down your body over 25-30 years of this, you will never make everyone happy, you will never figure out all the issues, but paper documents are not going anywhere soon. The industry has changed over the last 20 years..those that accepted the change and grew into the new responsibilities are still with us (maybe not the same company)..the lack of techs to fill in the retiring bodies is scary..This is a job you can make a living at without any formal degrees, and most companies have advancement into more technology driven areas. There are still many many years ahead of us in this business..I hope you can use your training and come back and demand the pay scale fitting of your knowledge. Best of luck either way. E