Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

C300i - scanner image error

Hi folks,

another weird one - please check this out this neat sample:

sample scan.jpg

White areas has been inserted by me to hide the customers content, basicly the entire scan shows this weird background.

This new machine has been placed to the customer ~2 weeks ago and logged C9402 + S1.
    There's no window close to the MFP and no direkt sunlight messing with the white balance.
    Error wasn't reproduceable anymore when tech was on site since it got fixed after auto reboot.

Unfortunately today the customer called the prob in again. Guess we're gonanna order the CCD assy but I'm curious if anyone has seen this.

Actually this image defect looks very familiar to me but the case I'm thinking about was related to prints and not about scan issues.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C300i - scanner image error

Have you checked scanner flat cable for poor conection?

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    Have you checked scanner flat cable for poor conection?
    No I think he didn't since it appeared to be a "one timer" - I'll add this on the to do list.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

If you have a dual scan DF you can do some more troubleshooting. On D/S scan if one side is ok then probably CCD if both sides are screwd up then probably Base board. But I would try the CCD cable 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    If you have a dual scan DF you can do some more troubleshooting. On D/S scan if one side is ok then probably CCD if both sides are screwd up then probably Base board. But I would try the CCD cable 1st.
    Thanks, we are lucky and that machine uses just an ARDF - CCD is on it's way (warranty, so what^^), I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: We swapped the CCD and re-seated all related cables last thursday and the customer didn't called in again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C300i - scanner image error

Good for you that you fixed it.
    I had a problem looking liek this a while back and it turned out to be some sort of eletrical / magnetism that interfered with the developer of the machine. Wrong loading and all that. Only noticed it after 6 hours on site because whenever i moved the mfp in the middle of the romm to repair adn then tested it out it worked but wen i placed it back on the wall it just created the issue again after 2 prints.... That was some back and forth with the customer

We've started to party too soon - error came back after ~two weeks of silence

We know think it's a cable issue, tech did check all conenctors again, starting from bottom to top. The error disappeared after he fiddled with the cable at the CCD connector.
    Since the CCD is new it seems the cable is the culprit and we probably got it fixed temporary just by fiddling with the cable.