Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Can I revive a dead Ineo +203?

Hello
    Looks like I must seek help. The trouble looks like that: my wife has used a clone for BizHub C203 (Ineo +203). She got the "frozen planets" after about one year of using it. She bought a BizHub C203 and she kept going. Last week, the nightmare begun: toner clogged, the C203 starts, she can use it for one or two prints and then bam! grinding noises and a waste toner bottle full error. I have tried to clean the waste toner box, I even washed and dried it, used the waste toner box from the ineo +203... no chance of reviving it. But I just have to ask: is there any chance to take out the MFB from C203 and use it in Ineo +203? Maybe I could bring it back alive, at least until I can buy her another equipment?
    Thank you

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Can I revive a dead Ineo +203?

A couple of points here:

1) The waste toner box indication does not necessarily indicate a bad MFPB. A better place to start on that is to clean the optical sensors, and make sure that the waste bottle mechanics are turning.

2) The MFPB board from the Ineo will not be usable in it's current condition. IF you had the MFPB Reset Utility you could conceivably initialize the Ineo PWB to a condition in which it could receive the internal data from the bizhub.

If it were me I'd concentrate on solving the WTB error on the bizhub. Also keep in mind that both these machines have been obsolete for quite a long time. The moment one of the consumables wears out, it becomes a very large paperweight. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Once the waste toner pipes clog you have a boat anchor..This machine was never designed to be serviced in this area..The best you can hope for is to run something down the pipes and then find a very strong vac..I have no idea if the board swap will work, but this model needed the old CF card to do a f/w update, and I would put money that Ineo and KM run different firmware, and getting your hands on all the tools required to do this is probably a lost cause. E

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I've had a good amount of calls about this issue lately.

Take out the Transfer Belt. Open the Cleaning Unit and clear it of clogged Toner. You can take the whole thing apart with 5 screws i think.
    Then Check the Waste Toner Box Hopper. Might be clocked as well.

Given that she had the machine for one year and now has Problems again makes my alarm bells ring. My Observations at different Customers Sites are that the actuall cause is high humidity. Not having the MFP near open Windows and instead in a closed off Room often helps a lot here

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We thought it was due to KM's policy of defaulting to B&W mode as priority. Normally when you choose B&W the machine needed to make a few process black before all the color drums retracted. In an environment where very little color was ever run, the waste toner just sat in the pipes and never moved, resulting in toner concrete blockages.. E

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    We thought it was due to KM's policy of defaulting to B&W mode as priority. Normally when you choose B&W the machine needed to make a few process black before all the color drums retracted. In an environment where very little color was ever run, the waste toner just sat in the pipes and never moved, resulting in toner concrete blockages.. E
    Good theory but doesn't apply here. Drums don't retract. Waste toner tube augers move all the time no matter what color toner. I've had these machines run nothing but black for years and never waste toner issue.

Some good advice from the other members. As suggested I would start by using strong vac on main waste toner tube.

Technician

Thank you everyone

Technician

Hello again

I promise this will be my last try (at least here, regarding this topic)
    I really tried everything with my dead two boat anchors buuutttt... As my wife banished me in another room with the beasts, I have tried one last thing: transplant. I took every board from C203 and placed them on Ineo. Trials and errors and all that, but I have created Frankenstein monster
    Almost every try I took I got error codes and all but I took the field manual and use it as much as an end user like me could.
    Well, now I got the Ineo +203 to boot, solved all the errors excent for two: I have a warning "Set the toner cartridge and close the door" for Y and the next one is "Incorrect toner cartridge is installed. Set the correct toner cartridge and close all doors".
    My next step is to take the toner cartridges from the C203, cut she "shoulder" on the left side to make them fit in the Ineo. Is any chance that I made a boo-boo?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion1980 View Post
    Hello again

I promise this will be my last try (at least here, regarding this topic)
    I really tried everything with my dead two boat anchors buuutttt... As my wife banished me in another room with the beasts, I have tried one last thing: transplant. I took every board from C203 and placed them on Ineo. Trials and errors and all that, but I have created Frankenstein monster
    Almost every try I took I got error codes and all but I took the field manual and use it as much as an end user like me could.
    Well, now I got the Ineo +203 to boot, solved all the errors excent for two: I have a warning "Set the toner cartridge and close the door" for Y and the next one is "Incorrect toner cartridge is installed. Set the correct toner cartridge and close all doors".
    My next step is to take the toner cartridges from the C203, cut she "shoulder" on the left side to make them fit in the Ineo. Is any chance that I made a boo-boo?
    Change the front cover behind the main door. That should allow you to install the KM toners

Technician

One more error to go: it does not recognise the Y toner, the M and C are good to go. Hell on a stick