Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Konica/Minolta 454 document feeder hinge pounting trouble

Hello,
    curious if there is tech pub, or info regarding left hinge troubles. The hinge seems o.k., I was able to get x2 screws, for the hinge to mount, but the plastic that it mounts to, on document frame is just stripped. It's holding on , for now, but is the fix the whole frame?
    any help or suggestions, appreciated..Thanks
    Jaime
    Indep. Copier Svc.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Re: Konica/Minolta 454 document feeder hinge pounting trouble

I've come across a handful of these, all 4/4e. The left rear frame where the hinge mounts to just crumbles to pieces from repeated open/closing especially if in a humid environment like a warehouse. You end up with a large gap and jamming when feeding originals (or sever skewing).

I don't think replacing the entire plastic frame is doable, I've ended up just swapping out 4 old feeders with recycled/off lease ones.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post
    I've come across a handful of these, all 4/4e. The left rear frame where the hinge mounts to just crumbles to pieces from repeated open/closing especially if in a humid environment like a warehouse. You end up with a large gap and jamming when feeding originals (or sever skewing).

I don't think replacing the entire plastic frame is doable, I've ended up just swapping out 4 old feeders with recycled/off lease ones.
    It is possible but it depends on how you value your time. First time doing it I'd plan for about 2 hours, even though realistically it shouldn't take more than one. Its not terrible, but for a customer machine if you have some parters you might as well swap the entire thing. If you're ordering, you might as well get the white platen sheet as well; they can be difficult to remove without damaging.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Order a Frame and replace it. If that screw never tightens then the frame is starting to crack. Just like anything, the first time takes the longest. It really isn't that difficult