Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    C224e scan to mail using Gmail doesn't work anymore - firmware ?

Long time visitor, first time poster. For our non-profit we've inherited a Konica Minolta C224e still in good working condition but it probably has an old firmware (A5C10Y0-F000-GDJ-M1-970).
    But we're not able to use Gmail for scan to mail functionality. I've checked and disabled all old SSL/TLS security protocols and enabled 1.2, but it still isn't able to connect to smtp.gmail.com. This used to work in the past but earlier this year Gmail has upped its security, disabling less secure applications.

I've read there is a much more recent firmware available (GDT from 04/2022), hoping it solves the issue. My expectation is that it solves the compatibility with TLS support that I suspect the old firmware has.
    Could anyone help me with this (or even newer) firmware update, as well as any installation guides that I could use ? I know I need to use the hidden USB port with a specifically formatted USB stick, correct ?

Technician

Re: C224e scan to mail using Gmail doesn't work anymore - firmware ?

have you check 'less secure apps'? google turns it back on automatically every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by mpkhs View Post
    Long time visitor, first time poster. For our non-profit we've inherited a Konica Minolta C224e still in good working condition but it probably has an old firmware (A5C10Y0-F000-GDJ-M1-970).
    But we're not able to use Gmail for scan to mail functionality. I've checked and disabled all old SSL/TLS security protocols and enabled 1.2, but it still isn't able to connect to smtp.gmail.com. This used to work in the past but earlier this year Gmail has upped its security, disabling less secure applications.

I've read there is a much more recent firmware available (GDT from 04/2022), hoping it solves the issue. My expectation is that it solves the compatibility with TLS support that I suspect the old firmware has.
    Could anyone help me with this (or even newer) firmware update, as well as any installation guides that I could use ? I know I need to use the hidden USB port with a specifically formatted USB stick, correct ?

I didn't set up the Gmail account but the colleague checked for that option and said it's no longer available: Less secure apps & your Google Account - Google Account Help

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This is old news..for non enterprise accounts you cannot use the "use less secure apps feature. You must enable 2FA and then generate an APP password. This password, along with the username@gmail.com will now be used for authentication. This will work just fine, as I have it working on BH 223s that do not even have the remote possibility of TLS 1.2..Everything else should be the same SMTP.GMAIL.COM

SMTP OVER SSL..Port (SSL) 465. E

Thanks, I will try this.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

There is bulletin and new Firmware that will allow scan to gmail. If you are contributor someone will send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    There is bulletin and new Firmware that will allow scan to gmail. If you are contributor someone will send it to you.
    I'm hoping someone will send me a firmware update and possibly the instructions and bulletin you refer to. It would be an immense help. As is visible, I indeed did contribute to CTN.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I'm hoping someone will send me a firmware update and possibly the instructions and bulletin you refer to. It would be an immense help. As is visible, I indeed did contribute to CTN.
    check your private messages mate.
    thanks for contributing

Combining the firmware update, Gmail with 2FA and app password, using STMP over SSL, I was able to get scan to mail working over Gmail. Thanks all !

Technician

Hi all,

I join canon bt for this pb,i tryed to konica mfp and that work

Combining the firmware update, Gmail with 2FA and app password, using STMP over SSL, I was able to get scan to mail working over Gmail. Thanks all !
    Attached Files Attached Files