Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

c750i deleted due to error

So, Recently we have been getting errors on our c750i that jobs are being deleted due to errors.
    When I look at the logs a successful print shows the scenarionID with the print job, the code which matches the user box id, and the external server name for authentication.

a failure shows the scenarioID as 0 , no user code, and no authentication parameters. This has been difficult to troubleshoot as the same user will randomly work, then hours alter it breaks, then starts working again. Have changed the domain controllers that authentication happens at and we still have the issue. windows updates were not applied when the issue started so I am ruling that out.

hoping someone has some info on this..

sample
    success:
    [COLOR=#999999 !important]Message[/COLOR] : 609 - [meta sequenceId="3462"] JobInf : LogTyp="Job", No= 17012 , EntTim=2022-11-22T11:31:52, FinTim=2022-11-22T11:31:53, Nam="user", Typ="Print", RelJobNo=4294967295, SubScenarioID= 17012 , Code="User3", Nam="user", NetTyp="IntraNetwork", ExtSrvName="DomainDC", TrcCode=Non, IF="PrinterReception", Res="OK", EventTyp="Info"

failure:
    609 - [meta sequenceId="3419"] JobInf : LogTyp="Job", No=17006 , EntTim=2022-11-22T11:20:02, FinTim=2022-11-22T11:20:02, Nam="test", Typ="Print", RelJobNo=4294967295, SubScenarioID=0, Code="UserNon", Nam="test", NetTyp="IntraNetwork", TrcCode=Non, IF="PrinterReception", Res="LogInError", EventTyp="Error"

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    c750i deleted due to error

Re: c750i deleted due to error

was there a page limit on the account and is it only 1 account affected?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    was there a page limit on the account and is it only 1 account affected?

No page limits and its every domain user randomly having the issue. AD accounts are not being locked and we are using SSO.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This has always been a tough environment to setup, and is better left to 3rd party solutions to handle logins and follow print/secure print ect, but saying that...

1. Single Sign on requires External server authentication and SSO checked
    2. print driver must reflect SSO option enabled when getting a new config and should not even be allowed unless the machine picks up the authentication settings.
    3. SSO check box in authentication settings checked and correct username reflecting in the print box.

OK,,So all this seems to be setup correctly and works, just intermittent failures..

1. Does the machine show any indication that it has failed to connect to AD
    2. Does your time/date match +/- a few seconds, or you have a NTP server in use
    3. Do you allow bring your device to work and allow mobile connections to the LAN? Does AD show any user that has deleted print jobs getting a account lock out at or around the same time? I ask because mobile devices with an out of date password will lock AD accounts as they try to log on to the wireless..
    4. Have you tested the NIC? Any timeouts when pinging, is the NIC configured to best match the switch it's connected to? E

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    This has always been a tough environment to setup, and is better left to 3rd party solutions to handle logins and follow print/secure print ect, but saying that...

1. Single Sign on requires External server authentication and SSO checked
    2. print driver must reflect SSO option enabled when getting a new config and should not even be allowed unless the machine picks up the authentication settings.
    3. SSO check box in authentication settings checked and correct username reflecting in the print box.

OK,,So all this seems to be setup correctly and works, just intermittent failures.. E
    1. Does the machine show any indication that it has failed to connect to AD - None
    2. Does your time/date match +/- a few seconds, or you have a NTP server in use - We have a ntp server configured. I have checked this setting multiple times as well thinking it could be a time issue. especially as we just had daylight savings early November when this started happening.
    3. Do you allow bring your device to work and allow mobile connections to the LAN? Does AD show any user that has deleted print jobs getting a account lock out at or around the same time? I ask because mobile devices with an out of date password will lock AD accounts as they try to log on to the wireless.. I have checked their credentials for lockouts with to be sure that is not the case as I thought similar.
    4. Have you tested the NIC? Any timeouts when pinging, is the NIC configured to best match the switch it's connected to? We use PRTG for monitoring and shows a 2% packet loss for 5 minutes over the past 48 hours..

Thanks for the suggestions.

Question Re: c750i deleted due to error

Hi,

We got exactly the same issue, (happened after the November Microsoft CU patches), on all of our printers Bizhub c250i.

It all works without SSO - so when users put their credentials in the printer preferences.

But as soon as people check the "Enable SSO" in printer preferences and try to print it ends with errors.

We have opened a case at MS but no luck so far. Does anyone got any clue?

Cheers,
    Pawel
    Last edited by zaicnupagadi; 12-02-2022 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Correcting an unclear phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by zaicnupagadi View Post
    Hi,

We got exactly the same issue, (happened after the November Microsoft CU patches), on all of our printers Bizhub c250i.

It all works without SSO - so when users put their credentials in the printer preferences.

But as soon as people check the "Enable SSO" in printer preferences and try to print it ends with errors.

We have opened a case at MS but no luck so far. Does anyone got any clue?

Cheers,
    Pawel

You know, I thought it might be the updates provisioned as well. I removed it from our DC as well as applied the OOB patch and still having the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rbillyg View Post
    You know, I thought it might be the updates provisioned as well. I removed it from our DC as well as applied the OOB patch and still having the issue.
    Hi!

Really thank you for reply! I've finally fround someone with the same issue that we have - Internet is completely silent about it.

We did the same - tried to uninstall it, later installed once again and installed the OOB as well. Applied the registry entries (fixes) manually - still no luck.

We managed to establish that this is the server fault as we had a W10 machine without November patches - still the same issue. Printing with Login/Password works, but not with SSO checkbox marked.

I have opened a case at MS, they havesent following plan:

##################

Thank you for your response, based on it we will need you to take the following traces when you attempt to reproduce the issue:

1. Download from the following link the file containing the tracing scripts https://aka.ms/authscripts

NOTE: The authentication scripts should be executed from a Windows PowerShell (Admin) session.

1. To start tracing execute the start-auth.ps1 script

1. Attempt to reproduce the issue by attempting to print, when it fails take not of the exact time.

1. To stop tracing execute the stop-auth.ps1 script

The data will be collected in a subdirectory, from where the scripts are executed, called “Authlogs”

When executing the Start-auth.ps1 command, if it is the first time the user has executed the script on this device, the user will be asked to accept a EULA. If the user accepts the EULA, the scripts will execute on the device and the following registry key will be created.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CESDiagnostic Tools

Subsequent usage for this user on the same device, will not require the EULA to be displayed or accepted.

#####################

I've reproduced the issue on our print server, send them the output folder and waiting for the info them their side.

Cheers,

Pawel Jarosz

Ehh.. got reply that logs need to be collected from the domain controller:

Good day Pawel,

Thank you for your response, my apologies but the traces had to be taken from the Domain Controller for the Domain precisely to verify the authentication process that may be failing when attempting to print, we will need you to take the trace from the DC. Besides this we will also need you to provide us with the Security log from that same DC. Meanwhile we will begin checking the traces provided from the printer server.

Quote Originally Posted by zaicnupagadi View Post
    Ehh.. got reply that logs need to be collected from the domain controller:
    Thanks for the info. Still stabbing away at it ourselves.