Technician
    C224 Scan to Email Issues, Ping Failed

My C224 model, with firmware successfully upgraded to become the "e" model still cannot send scans to my Gmail. I followed all guied and decided to ping test her, it states "ping failed", I have tried Gmail address, googles IP addresses and even outlook and office 365, still nothing. I can print from her online, the whole website with Admin settings works too, can print from my phone aswell. Anyone know what the issue could be?, I have triple checked that all my info is correct, so why can't she ping ?

FW Version 3 ( takes a bit longer to start but thats understandable )

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: C224 Scan to Email Issues, Ping Failed

Quote Originally Posted by Jadel Labradoodle251 View Post
    My C224 model, with firmware successfully upgraded to become the "e" model still cannot send scans to my Gmail. I followed all guied and decided to ping test her, it states "ping failed", I have tried Gmail address, googles IP addresses and even outlook and office 365, still nothing. I can print from her online, the whole website with Admin settings works too, can print from my phone aswell. Anyone know what the issue could be?, I have triple checked that all my info is correct, so why can't she ping ?

FW Version 3 ( takes a bit longer to start but thats understandable )
    I've had the 4 series machines stop scanning to email and resetting the network adapter almost always solves the problem. Open the web interface from you computer, go into administration settings and reset nic from there. If that is unsuccessful, go into service mode and initialise network settings. Don't do a full data clear!
    Then re-enter network information on web interface.

Hopefully this helps

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

DNS set one to 8.8.8.8
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Your C224 did not need to be updated to allow scant to Gmail (Gmail only)..But if you can't ping SMTP.GMAIL.COM, or 172.235.115.109, then you need to trouble shoot this as a network issue..PING is not the same protocol/port that actually using scan to email is. Ping the router and another device from the MFP, if both pass and you can ping the GMAIL IP adress, then it's a router issue. E

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I've had the 4 series machines stop scanning to email and resetting the network adapter almost always solves the problem. Open the web interface from you computer, go into administration settings and reset nic from there. If that is unsuccessful, go into service mode and initialise network settings. Don't do a full data clear!
    Then re-enter network information on web interface.

Hopefully this helps
    Well it worked...kind of since the ping now works but I cant log onto page scope, tried even using a different IP address but I'm getting a new error now called " Data Transfer Interrupted", any clue what could be causing this now?

Technician

Google no longer supports scanning from mfp like previous. I did find this wich you can try though Yes, you CAN USE GMAIL with a scanner!!! Here'''s how to set it up: : msp