Technician

C224e SSD Replacement

Hi all you knowledgeable people hope someone can help when Konica Minolta cant.
    Replaced SSD card on C224e
    Updated firmware to current version and mass firmware
    Updated movie data
    Machine works fine until there is a paper jam. It then goes to error C-D382 restore data
    Let machine run for 5 hours and nothing. If I block any paper sensor machine shows jam
    but when running and jams gives code.
    Any help will be appreciated
    Last edited by Frankrw; 11-29-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C224e SSD Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Frankrw View Post
    Updated movie data
    Machine works fine until there is a paper jam. It then goes to error C-D382 restore data
    Let machine run for 5 hours and nothing. If I block any paper sensor machine shows jam
    checked the battery?

Any C-D codes on these e series should trigger pulling out the multimeter and checking the battery voltage with the machine power turned off. Dont measure voltage with power turned on, there is minuscule amount of current backfed to the battery with power on and a totally dry battery will still show 3v.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C224e SSD Replacement

Updated movie data
    Could possibly be an issue with the HDD since when there is a jam it will display the movie data stored on the HDD.

Try formatting the HDD or 'unset it'

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Could possibly be an issue with the HDD since when there is a jam it will display the movie data stored on the HDD.

Try formatting the HDD or 'unset it'

Thanks, tried reformatting HDD, unplugged it, reinstalled firmware same fault when jam occurs

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks, tried reformatting HDD, unplugged it, reinstalled firmware same fault when jam occurs
    One of our engineers had this today and replaced the NVRAM, updated the firmware and waited for the code and recovered data and all working ok now.

When testing for the fault he would make the machine jam and the code would appear, disabling the HDD did not help, but when doing a State Confirmation Check / SSD Check the SSD would display NG.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Correct SSD for the model used? Machine type also must mach model.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Correct SSD for the model used? Machine type also must mach model.
    Correct SSD correct Machine and model correct. Ran system check SSD OK hdd OK Nvram OK
    About to throw machine out the door

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Was this a NEW SSD drive, or one pulled from another machine? If pulled from another machine, what is the firmware version on the SSD? If it's V6.02, then the standard firmware updates won't be able to update it. The SSD Tool (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m.exe) would need to be run on it to test it and update it to V6.03 before the standard firmware can update it to the latest version. Once updated to V6.03 run the standard firmware to update it to the latest.

I can't say that this will fix your problem, but there were issues with V6.02 that would actually cause the SSD to go bad.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Was this a NEW SSD drive, or one pulled from another machine? If pulled from another machine, what is the firmware version on the SSD? If it's V6.02, then the standard firmware updates won't be able to update it. The SSD Tool (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m.exe) would need to be run on it to test it and update it to V6.03 before the standard firmware can update it to the latest version. Once updated to V6.03 run the standard firmware to update it to the latest.

I can't say that this will fix your problem, but there were issues with V6.02 that would actually cause the SSD to go bad.
    Interesting. I'm going to PM you.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Interesting. I'm going to PM you.
    Is new SSD card. Thanks will try the SSD firmware again