Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C-659, dog earring pages....

Hey guys.. this machine dog ears about 30% of the pages that come out of it, but I don't think it has anything to do with any of the paper feed trays, and its got a new Fuser, Transfer Belt and Roller and all new Feed rollers in the trays.

I'm told this might be a finisher guide issue, but don't know about removing the Finisher and what's involved in having an Output Tray there instead.

Thoughts?
    OC

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C-659, dog earring pages....

OC, I dunno but must be as straight as disconnecting finisher cables and removing RU(few screws).
    Then test it doesn't matter pages will fall into machine but you can see where the fault lies main body or elsewhere.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: C-659, dog earring pages....

Thanks for the help... I removed and replaced the finisher from an FS-537 back down to an FS-536 and that seemed to do the trick. So, I understand that one of the exit guides gets a "slit" cut into it by the paper, which can cause the dog earring. If I get a chance, I'm going to rip it apart in the shop, to see how difficult getting that guide out and replaced will be.

Thanks again!
    OC