Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C0213 on PRESS C1060

C0213 on PRESS C1060

I found out recently that this has been happening for a while. A job completes, then the machine errors out C0213. For a long time it was once a week. It has become more frequently ... now at the conclusion of every job it codes to C0213, then clears upon initialization.

PS9 uses those notoriously unreliable Sharp73 optical sensors, so I changed that first. No change.

I can test it in I/O mode 86-18 with the drawer open. When I rotate the pressure release motor until the slot aligns with the photointerrupter the output changes from "00000" to "00001". I can tug on the wiring all I want and the signal stays, so I've ruled out wiring harness & connector issues.

If I close the drawer, key the front door, and run 86-18 again the motor M37 runs continuously, and I can view the "00001" blink on for a microsecond each rotation ... not every time, but I think it's just slowness of the display that prevents me from seeing a 00001 for each rotation.

I have plenty of those sensors, three more photointerrupters responded exactly the same way.
    The drive is entirely intact: no missing teeth, nothing bound up. It turns as easily as any other pulse motor.
    Since the motor M37 runs flawlessly every time I test it, as long as I want, I think I can safely rule out the motor, but I ordered one anyway since it's the next cheapest thing.

That only leaves me with the drawer PWB and the PRCB. I was really hoping that would not be the cause.
    Maybe firmware? It seems like a long shot.

Have I missed something obvious? =^..^=

EDIT: Just reading about the exit section one-way gears. I'm having a hard time mentally connecting them to that code, but I will look there first. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 12-09-2022 at 01:51 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: C0213 on PRESS C1060

Never seen that code on newer series but on the C5501/6501/6000 i replaced so many of that one way gears and always have one on the stock.
    Try clean with alcohol inside gear and shaft , usually that works for some time without error if that is culprit.

A03U909502 PAPER EXIT GEAR /5 40T

C0213 on PRESS C1060

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Never seen that code on newer series but on the C5501/6501/6000 i replaced so many of that one way gears and always have one on the stock.
    Try clean with alcohol inside gear and shaft , usually that works for some time without error if that is culprit.

A03U909502 PAPER EXIT GEAR /5 40T
    Thanks Toxic. By all appearances the exit section has not changed significantly from the C6000. That will be my first stop. =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C0213 on PRESS C1060

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I found out recently that this has been happening for a while. A job completes, then the machine errors out C0213. For a long time it was once a week. It has become more frequently ... now at the conclusion of every job it codes to C0213, then clears upon initialization.

PS9 uses those notoriously unreliable Sharp73 optical sensors, so I changed that first. No change.

I can test it in I/O mode 86-18 with the drawer open. When I rotate the pressure release motor until the slot aligns with the photointerrupter the output changes from "00000" to "00001". I can tug on the wiring all I want and the signal stays, so I've ruled out wiring harness & connector issues.

If I close the drawer, key the front door, and run 86-18 again the motor M37 runs continuously, and I can view the "00001" blink on for a microsecond each rotation ... not every time, but I think it's just slowness of the display that prevents me from seeing a 00001 for each rotation.

I have plenty of those sensors, three more photointerrupters responded exactly the same way.
    The drive is entirely intact: no missing teeth, nothing bound up. It turns as easily as any other pulse motor.
    Since the motor M37 runs flawlessly every time I test it, as long as I want, I think I can safely rule out the motor, but I ordered one anyway since it's the next cheapest thing.

That only leaves me with the drawer PWB and the PRCB. I was really hoping that would not be the cause.
    Maybe firmware? It seems like a long shot.

Have I missed something obvious? =^..^=

EDIT: Just reading about the exit section one-way gears. I'm having a hard time mentally connecting them to that code, but I will look there first. =^..^=

Back in the day I ran into a similar problem with PT sensors - the digital signal (high or low) was too fast for the display to keep up with. Here's the solution that I used. I don't know if it will work in your situation.

I used a logic probe with an audible signal that had a higher tone for (1) and a lower beep for (0). The advantage to this is that the logic probe can cycle the audible tones faster than the display can show it and the probe can be behind the machine while I'm operating the machine around front and lastly, I can test the machine in real time.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

C0213 on PRESS C1060

What would this logic probe look like? I've always carried around a D'Arsonval movement VOM (needle type meter) for watching phone line signals. The needle isn't necessarily quick enough to show true voltages, but you can see the twitch of the needle, whereas a digital meter just stays at "0" or blanks out for a second ... then returns at "0".

I'm assuming it can operate within the 0-5vdc range that most photointerrupters use? =^..^=

Technician

Everything is much easier. The gear clutch is slipping on the axle. Needs to be cleaned or replaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zayonc; 12-10-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Technician

The C-0213 code is mislabeled only in the C1060 service manual. It seems that the person who made the manual made a mistake.

[Service Mode] -> [State Confirmation] -> [I/O Check Mode] -> [Output check]Select code 21, multi mode 00 ->Press START.Check/reseat the connector for M30 at Printer Control Board (PRCB) CN120.
    Verify 24VDC is present on CN120-1, 2 on the PRCB
    Check ICP 15 on PRB ....to see if its not open ....

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    What would this logic probe look like? I've always carried around a D'Arsonval movement VOM (needle type meter) for watching phone line signals. The needle isn't necessarily quick enough to show true voltages, but you can see the twitch of the needle, whereas a digital meter just stays at "0" or blanks out for a second ... then returns at "0".

I'm assuming it can operate within the 0-5vdc range that most photointerrupters use? =^..^=
    Hey Blackcat, did you ever get it fixed? Did it end up being the gear slipping?

Thank you!

C0213 on PRESS C1060

The customer bought a new machine before it got resolved. Alas, I didn't get a resolution on this one! =^..^=